My Definition of Strength Training Success

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

You may have noticed that I use the words
"success" and "successful" quite a bit.

As in: "how to be a strength training
success" or "secrets of successful strength
training."

But my definition of "success" might be
different from the definition most people
would use.

So perhaps its time to talk about my
definition of "success."

1. It's not about winning the Mr. Whatever
contest or looking like a cartoon character
freak.

2. It's not about lifting a zillion pounds.

3. It's not about being cut to ribbons with
veins popping out all over, sliced so sharp
your cuts have cuts on them.

4. It's not about weighing 200, 250 or 300
pounds and looking like a tank.

5. It's not about much of anything the popular
muscle media defines as success.

Last night, I read several letters printed in
the "Success Stories" section of Strength and
Health magazine way back in January, 1941.

Skinny guy discovers weight training and gains
from 125 to 150 pounds. He was 31 years old, and
said "The one thing I always longed for most
was a strong, healthy body."

Soldier trains with his York Barbell set at Hickam
Field in Hawaii. Hickam Field was bombed on Pearl
Harbor Day. I'm sure those barbell built muscles
came in handy. Maybe they even helped to save
American lives.

17 year old kid from Milwaukee gains 20 pounds
of muscle in one year.

Guy in his early 20's gains 20 pounds in two
years and increases his clean and jerk from
115 lbs. to 285 lbs. (Not a typo -- that's
TWO - EIGHT - FIVE.)

16 year old kid from San Diego trains for a year
and a half and pushes his wt yo 173 lbs. He can
press 210 lbs., snatch 200 lbs. and clean and
jerk 255 lbs.

20 year old guy gains 20 pounds of muscle and
starts a neighborhood gym. He's shown standing
next to a skinny kid who trained at the gym. The
skinny kid is Frank Spellman, who went on to win
an Olympic Gold Medal in weightlifting in 1948.

Kid from Honolulu writes: "When I first started
people laughed at me, but now I am proud to say
that I'm not ashamed any more." he adds: "I
believe it was hard work and the never say die
spirit that made the difference in my body."

Those are examples of what I mean when I talk
about being a strength training success.

I'm talking about real people who alter their
lives thru proper physical training.

Trainees who trade small and frail for strong
and muscular.

They may not have been "champs." But they're
definitely SUCCESS STORIES.

There are literally thousands of successful
strength trainers around the world. If you're
reading this message, you already ARE one --
or you're going to be very soon!

Thanks for reading, and have a great day. If you
train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. For more information on how to become a
strength training success, grab any of my books
and courses -- and a subscription to the Dinosaur
Files newsletter:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2 For more about what it was like to toss
heavy iron back in the 1940's, grab a copy
of Legacy of Iron:

http://www.brookskubik.com/legacy_of_iron.html