The Secrets -- Part Two

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

(Here's part two of the story. If you missed part
one, read it on the Dinosaur Training Blog!)

Finally, I just couldn't take it any more.

"May I see your cell phone?" I asked.

He handed it to me.

"It's the latest model," he said proudly. "It has
all the apps."

"Does it have an app for hard work?" I asked.

"What?"

"How about one for concentration, focus and mental
intensity?"

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

From his tone of voice, he must have thought I was
speaking a foreign language. Maybe I was. I don't think
he had any idea about the meaning of any of those words.

"Wait here," I said.

I walked out of the garage, and into his house.
Parked the cell phone on his kitchen table. Went
back to the garage.

"Where's my cell phone?" he asked.

"In the house. Leave it there while you train."

"But what if I get a call?"

"Call them back later?"

"But what about email?"

"Handle it alter?"

"But I can't IM later!"

I nodded.

"That's right. But you also can't train with a bunch
of distractions."

I walked over to the tv, picked up the remote, and
turned off the jabbering gibberish.

"Wait here," I said.

I walked out of the garage, went back into the house,
and laid the remote next to his cell-phone.

When I got back to the garage, he was holding another
remote in his hand.

"This one doesn't work," he said. "What did you do with
the other one?"

"It's in the house with your cell-phone."

His eyes almost popped out of his head.

"What did you do that for?" he asked. "I gotta stay
informed!"

I sighed.

"Look," I said, "When's the last time a Tsunami hit
Kentucky?"

"Uh -- never, I guess."

"Right. Because we're too far away from the ocean. But
I'll tell you what. If one hits us while you're lifting,
I'll let you know."

His eyes bulged even more than before.

"But - but -- "

He sputtered to a stop.

"Don't worry," I added. "You'll have plenty of time to
get to high ground."

He dropped onto his exercise bench, and slumped in
despair. he looked the perfect picture of dejection.

"Man, I didn't know training with you was going to be
this hard," he said.

I stood up and walked to the barbell.

"It's not," I replied. "It's actually going to be much
harder than this."

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

Yours in strength,
Brooks Kubik

P.S. As always, thanks for reading and have a great day.
If you train today, make it a better one than my friend
in the story. And don't forget:

1. If you subscribe to the Dinosaur Files newsletter, you
need to renew your subscription right now:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_renewalpage.html

2. If you missed the first year of the Dinosaur Files
newsletter, you can grab all 12 of the back issues right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_files.html


3. My books, courses, DVD's, t-shirts, sweat shirts,
hoodies, and Iron Game novels are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html