The First Workout of Winter?

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Yesterday was my official First Day of
Winter Workout -- or at least, it felt
like it.

We dropped from 100 plus to 60 something
almost overnight, and although 60 degrees
isn't wintertime, it FEELS that way after
the really hot weather.

So I hit the garage last night with sweat
pants and a sweatshirt for the first time
in a long time. (The sweatshirt came off
after my warmups and the first couple of
sets.)

And I had a GREAT workout.

Good thing, too, because it was my last
age 53 workout. My birthday is on 9/9,
and I'm going to hit my first age 54
workout that evening.

And as a special birthday treat for the
Dinos, I'm going to film the workout and
offer it to you on DVD.

It's going to be called GOING STRONG AT
54! That should give you a clue about what
you'll see on the DVD.

You can learn more about it right here:

http://brookskubik.com/goingstrong.html

One of the the important things I want to
cover in the DVD is how LITTLE training is
required for older lifters. My workouts are
VERY LOW in quantity.

I don't do very many exercises.

I don't do many sets.

I don't do many reps.

I take my time, work slowly, and try to make
every set count -- even the warm-up sets.

I try to perform every rep in letter perfect
form -- and when I rest between sets, I focus
on making the next set better than the one I
just finished.

The focus is on QUALITY. I try to make every
lift as perfect as possible.

I write about this all the time, but sometimes
it seems that it helps to SEE it. Reading about
proper training is one thing, but SEEING it is
a whole new experience -- and a very valuable
one.

In any case, instead of celebrating number 54
with a big cake and a bunch of candles, I'm
going to celebrate it the Dino way -- on the
platform, covered with chalk and sweat, having
fun with my favorite barbell.

I hope you can join me -- your special admission
ticket and front row seat is right here:

http://brookskubik.com/goingstrong.html

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. In other Dino news, my new training course
looks like a big hit for the Dinos. You can read
more about DINOSAUR ARM TRAINING (and reserve your
copy) right here at Dino HQ:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_armtraining.html

P.S. 2 My other books and courses are here -- along
with shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, my other DVD's,
The Dinosaur Files newsletter, BLACK IRON: THE JOHN
DAVIS STORY, and the popular LEGACY OF IRON books
featuring John Grimek, Steve Stanko, Harry Paschall,
Bob Hoffman and many others from the Golden Age
of Strength:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html