10 Things I'm Going to Do in Today's Workout!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

A few quick notes, and then we'll talk training.

1. Christmas Orders

It's crunch time for Christmas orders. Shoot
them on in so we can get them filled and out
in the mail.

2. Knife, Fork, Muscle

Is printed, in stock, and ready to ship. If you've
been waiting, now's the time to grab your copy:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_nutrition.html

3. For Multiple Items, Ask for a Shipping Quote

You can usually save some serious clams on
shipping charges if you order two or more
items so we can ship them in one package.
This is especially true for overseas Dinos and
Dinos in Canada.

Before ordering multiple items, send me an
email and ask for a shipping quote. We'll
check the different options and get back to
you.

4. Personal Cards

I include a personal card with all orders in
December -- look for it -- sometimes we
slide them into the book or course you
ordered, but we always include them. It's
a a little bonus from us to you -- and a way
of saying THANK YOU for your support.

5. Autographs

I sign all books we ship in December. If you
want me to autograph it to you (or to anyone
else), let me know when you place your order.
A book with a personal note from the author
makes a pretty cool gift -- a true collector's
item. Again, that's something extra that we
like to do to say THANK YOU to our Dinos.

And now  . . . let's talk training.

I'll be training today, and here are 10 things
I'm going to do.

No, I'm not talking about 10 different
exercises.

I'm talking about things that go beyond
exercises, sets and reps.

1. I'm going to start with 10 minutes of
stretching, loosening up, and general
warm-ups.

a. This is mandatory for a 57-year old Dino
who spends 8 hours at the keyboard
before hitting the iron.

2. I'm going to fuel my workout with a
healthy breakfast and a healthy lunch --
the kind I describe in Knife, Fork, Muscle.

a. No pre-workout energy booster for this
Dino. I don't want them and don't need
them. Nothing beats real food.

3. I'm going to start light and easy and
slowly work up to my heaviest weights for
the day.

a. See 1a above.

4. I'm going to focus on performing every
rep in perfect form.

a. Including every warm-up rep.

5. I'm going to review every rep after I
finish each set -- and focus on how to do
the next set even better.

a. I film my workouts and review each set
to check my form.

6. I'm going to train fast enough to stay
warm -- but not so fast that I compromise
my form or can't hit my heavy weights.

a. This is a delicate balance. You need to
learn what works over time. Note that it
may differ from exercise to exercise.

7. I'm going to follow the program that
works best for ME -- not the program that
works for someone else.

a. After more than 45 years of training, I
know what works best for ME.

8. I'm going to wear layers and dress warm --
and slowly peel off a layer or two as I move
through my workout.

a. Reg Park wore double sweat suits when he
trained outdoors in winter.

b. Rocky Balboa wore sweat suits and a knit
hat when he ran outside in the winter.

c. Brad Steiner wore sweats when he trained.
So did the York champions back in the day.

d. Dressing warm is old-school and sensible.

9. I'm going to do better than my last workout --
but just a *little* better.

a. One more single with my working weight --
or 5 more pounds on my last lift.

b. Small gains are sustainable. You can keep
making small gains for a long time.

c. Trying to force big gains from workout to
workout almost always leads to over-training
and the big crash and burn.

10. After training, I'm going to have a protein
packed dinner -- as described in Knife, Fork,
Muscle.

a. It will look a lot like the cover photo for
Knife, Fork, Muscle -- which was a real dinner,
and which tasted pretty darn good.

The other thing I'm going to do after I train is
unload the bar and put everything away -- and
say THANK YOU to the bar, the plates, the
platform, and the squat stands.

I do that because they're good friends -- and
because I couldn't do it without them.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's the link for Knife, Fork, Muscle:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_nutrition.html

P.S. 2. Here's one of our best-sellers for the
month -- and it will get 2015 off to a great start
for you:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

P.S. 3. My other books and courses are right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "Train hard but
train smart. As you get older, train smarter.
And always say THANK YOU after you
train." -- Brooks Kubik

*********************************************