"I Don't Read No Steenking Novels!"

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two years ago, when I began writing a series of novels about weight training and weightlifting in the 1930’s and 1940’s – the Golden Age of Strength – many of you probably thought I’d lost my mind.

And I’m sure that many of you thought, “Novels? I don’t read no steenking novels!”

In fact, one guy actually sent me an email and said exactly that. I wasn't sure if he couldn't spell or was just trying to be funny.

But then, something very interesting happened. One by one, Dinos around the world started to try the first book in the Legacy of Iron series – and discovered (perhaps to their surprise), that they really liked it.

There’s something about telling the story AS A STORY that makes a BIG difference. It helps to capture the “feel” of the times. And that means, it helps to capture what is was like to be hanging around the York Barbell Club and training with John Grimek, Steve Stanko, Tony Terlazzo, and the other champs of the 30’s and 40’s.

People who knew them – people who were there "back in the day” love the Legacy of Iron series – and they all tell me that the books really do capture the magic of the Golden Era.

For example -- I rec’d the following from Pete George, who won an Olympic Gold Medal at the 1952 Olympics in Stockholm – as well as silver medals at the 1948 and 1956 Olympic Games – and Five World championships.

Pete was commenting on the Legacy of Iron series – and what he said really made my day. Take a look and you’ll see why:

“A heartfelt thanks to you, Brooks, for reviving so many of my boyhood heroes in your exciting series, Legacy of Iron. You vividly captured the thrills of their exploits and epic battles during the golden era of American weightlifting. I just devoured the first three, and am hungry for more.”

And so, armed with that big slice of encouragement, I’m going to spend the rest of the day working on the next book in the series – and I’m going to say to each and every one of you:

“I know you don’t read any steenking novels – but if an Olympic Gold Medal winner likes them that much, maybe it’s time to make an exception!”

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You, too, can thrill to the exploits of the legendary champions of the Golden Age of Might and Muscle – as detailed in the Legacy of Iron series:

1. The series begins with Legacy of Iron.

2. Clouds of War is the second book in the series.

3. The third book in the series is The 1,000 Pound Total.

NOTE: Order all three of my Legacy of Iron books for a special price – for more information, see the bottom of the information page for The 1,000 Pound Total!

You can order your Legacy of Iron books from the Dinosaur Training website at www.brookskubik.com.