Where Did the Squat Racks Go?

I don't have  a lot of equipment here at Dino Headquarters, but I do have squat racks - and they get plenty of use!


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk iron.

1. The January Dinosaur Files Is Here!

Go here to grab the little monster in PDF
format:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_files.html

The PDF is printable, so if you prefer a
printed copy of The Dinosaur Files,
all you need to do is grab the PDF and
print it out.

By the way, if you'd like a one-year, 12-issue
subscription, we can make that happen - just
shoot me an email and we'll get you set up.

2. Strongman Coffee Mugs

John Wood just released a cool-looking
strongman coffee mug featuring none other
than Eugene Sandow. Go here to check it out:

https://www.oldtimestrongman.com/sandow-mug.html

3. Where Did the Squat Racks Go?

There's a story going around about how a
guy walked into one of those coast to coast
commercial gyms and the squat racks were
gone.

Apparently, someone decided to get rid of
them.

They were too dangerous, or too intimidating,
or too - heck, I don't know. Maybe too old-
school.

And besides, who needs to do squats when
you have 27 different leg machines to pump,
bomb, blitz, torture, finagle and bedraggle
your lower limbs from every possible angle?

I don't know if the story is true or not, but
I know for sure that the prevailing mentality
at most gyms is pretty much like that.

No squat racks.

No deadlifts.

No overhead lifting - including the good old
military press.

No heavy partials in the power rack.

No Trap Bars.

No thick bars.

It's pretty much chrome-plated (or brightly
painted) machines and plenty of cardio
stuff.

That's why I train at home - and why many
other Dinos train at home.

It's one of the only ways to be able to use
the right kind of equipment - and to do the
exercises that give you the most bang for
the buck.

And please note - a good home gym does
NOT have to have very much in the way of
equipment.

For example, my basement gym is pretty
spartan.

Every gym needs a good set of squat racks (unless you have a power rack to use for squats).


But it does have squat racks.

And they get plenty of use.

So does the Trap Bar - for both full range reps
and heavy partials.

Trap Bar training works great in a home gym.


Heck, I even have a heavy duty curl bar sized
for Olympic plates. I use more weight for curls
than most guys use at the commercial gyms
use for pretty much anything they do. (I don't
think I'd last very long at most commercial
gyms - they'd ask me to leave halfway thru
my first workout.)

And when the weather is good, I set up some
heavy mats out in the driveway, move the bar
and the weights outside, and do all of my over-
head lifting.

The outdoor lifting area at Dino Headquarters.


Plus - when we get my new, heavy duty, old-
school power rack set up, the rack is going
to get plenty of use - and not as a towel rack
or a place to park your water bottle.

Once we get the new power rack set up, I'll be doing plenty of heavy partials - along with plenty of Bone Strength Training.


Of course, there are plenty of things I don't
have.

I don't have cardio theater.

Heck, I don't even have any cardio machines.
Or any other kind of machines - unless Trudi's
hyperextension bench and inversion table
count as machines.

And I don't have any mirrors.

In short, my training is a heck of a lot different
than what you see at most commercial gyms -
and so is my equipment.

And both my training and my equipment work
a heck of a lot better than the mass market
silliness that so many millions of people seem
to be doing.

Anyhow, I hope that YOU train somewhere that
still has squat racks - and since you're reading
this, I'm willing to bet that you do!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Remember to grab the Jan issue of The
Dinosaur Files:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_files.html

P.S. 2. If you're a home gym fan, you'll love
Dinosaur Training:



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

And you'll also love Strength, Muscle and
Power:



http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 3. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: 

"It doesn't take much to get an effective
and result producing workout - but a barbell
and a set of squat racks sure as heck help!"


- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: