It's "However Old I Am Day" Today!

There's currently a small lake in the outdoor lifting area here at Dino Headquarters - so today will be a "train in the basement day" - which I plan to do to help celebrate my birthday!
 
Hail to the Dinosaurs!

It's my birthday today, and I need to
figure out how old I am.

In civilian years, I'm 61 today.

But in Masters Weightlifting, your age
for the whole year changes on Jan 1 of
each year.

So in weightlifting years, I've been 61
ever since January 1 - and I'll be 62 in
a little less than three months.

So today, I'm - whatever.


61 or 62.

Early 60's.

Seasoned.

Grizzled.

Old enough to know better - but young
enough to keep on doing what I love to
do.

It really doesn't matter, because today
is a workout day, and I plan to hit it the
same as any other workout day.

The indoor training area at Dino Headquarters. Yes, I can do laundry while I train!
The basement ceiling is too low for over-
head lifting, so I divide things up based
on the weather - it's squats and pulls on
rainy days, and overhead work outside
when the weather permits.

It's raining here in Louisville, so I'll be
training down in the basement - hitting
plenty of pulls and plenty of squats.

And next Tuesday or Thursday, assuming
the rain clears and things dry out, I'll be
back to outdoor training - and do my
snatches and my clean and jerks.

It's all good, it all works, and it's all fun.

But the key point is this:

I train.

No matter the weather, I train.

At age - whatever it is - I train.

And if you're reading this, I assume that
you do the very same thing.

You train.

Because you love it - because it's a very
important part of your life - because it helps
define who you are - and because it keeps
you young.

Strength training keeps you young!

Young at heart, young in mind, and young
in body.

So that's the report from Dino Headquarters -
a/k/a Birthday Central Today!

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day - and if you train today, make
it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. If you'd like to know more about my
training - and about how to stay young
and strong at any age - grab a copy of
Gray Hair and Black Iron:



http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

Brooks Kubik's Hard-Copy and PDF Books and Courses



Brooks Kubik's Hard-Copy and PDF books and courses


Brooks Kubik's Kindle Books









P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: 

"Lift iron, eat smart, think young and
stay strong."


-- Brooks Kubik