Dino Dumbbells and Other Updates for Dinos


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

In case you missed yesterday's email,
there's a YouTube video showing me try
to beat the IAWA World record in the
two dumbbell clean and jerk in my age
group and weight class.

It was filmed at the London seminar last
week where I covered (of course) Dinosaur
Dumbbell training.

You can find the clip in the below link.
But be warned, the title (which someone
else wrote) is NSFW and it gets pretty
loud, so don't watch it at work.

The clip begins with my second attempt.
I missed the first one. From there, you
can see what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A21on8bABcE

(Note: Not sure if the link is working. If not,
go to YouTube and search for "Kubik dumbbell
London" and you should find it.)

A number of readers have asked about the
weight of the dumbbells. They were only 80
pounders -- but awkward and unwieldy as
heck. At home, I use a special set of
dumbbells that are well-balanced for heavy
lifting, and things work much better.

I'd like to push a pair of 100 pounders
overhead, and I think I can do it with
the right dumbbells. And at age 55, a pair
of 100 pounders would not be too shabby.

That's one of the things I'm going to cover
in my new book on Dumbbell Training (which
ought to be ready pretty soon -- so be looking
for it in the not too distant future). The
right kind of dumbbell is critical for heavy
dumbbell training. And I'll go over that in
detail in the book, and tell you what you
need and what to look for.

I'm also covering details on how to perform
various old school dumbbell lifts -- how to
integrate old-school dumbbell training into
your workouts -- safety tips -- some dumbbell
history -- records -- how to measure your
progress, etc. It will be a pretty good read --
and it will feature a ton of photos so you
can see how to do the exercises the RIGHT
way.

I'll probably do a DVD, as well. That would
be a big help in teaching the proper form
for the different exercises.

In other Dino news, I'm doing a one-hour
audio seminar with Carl Lanore for his new
SuperHuman University lecture series. It will
be at 7:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, June 19. If
you can't make the live broadcast, you can
grab a CD and listen to it at your
convenience.

For more details, and to sign up for the
seminar, go here:

http://www.superhumanradio.com/seminarbookings/index.php/component/content/article/4/11-seven-keys-to-concentration-dinosaur-mindpower

For tech reasons, we have to limit the size
of the class, so if you're planning to join
us for the live broadcast, sign up now!

Finally, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone
who attended the London Seminar. You're a
great group of lifters, and it was an honor
to meet and work with you!

That's it for now, but be looking for a second
email shortly. I still need to cover the
10/5/3/2/1 Rule. Thought I would do it on
Tuesday, but got pulled away by 20,000 other
things.

More to follow -- stay tuned!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My books, courses, DVD's and shirts -- as
well as back issues of The Dinosaur Files
newsletter -- are available at the usual place:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day: "Training days are
the best days of the week." -- Brooks Kubik