Does this Sound like YOU?

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Paul Murray shot in a great response
to yesterday's email about John Grimek's
backyard barbell gym -- and about Grimek
training alone in the wee hours of the
morning.

See if this sounds a little like YOU.
I know it sounds a lot like ME -- and
a lot like many Dinosaurs.

Paul wrote: 

"There was a time when I had all the
"advantages".

I had a lots of people to train with,
good, motivated, serious people.

I trained in wonderful gyms in locales
over half the world.

I personally had, or had at gyms, all
kinds of equipment.

I had lots of personal time to train,
and did so, morning and night.

But my training (and my maturity) went
to the next level when:

I started training alone;

I quit all the gyms;

I reduced equipment to the basics (bench,
bb, db, and rack);

I had little time to train due to outside
responsibilities (work and family).

Go figure. Best always. PM

P.S. As Draper says, the secret is, there
is no secret.

P.P.S. As Murray says, the more advanced
I became, the simpler (not easier) it got.
(Or maybe it's the other way around: the
simpler it got, the more I could advance?)"

Paul -- thanks for sharing. You said it
pretty darn well.

Everyone else -- thanks for reading, and
have a great day. If you train today, make
it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. There's nothing more basic than
lifting a heavy barbell over your head --
and here's a great course on old-school
military pressing and shoulder power:

http://www.brookskubik.com/militarypress_course.html

P.S. 2 My other books and courses are
right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the day: "The secret of
training is training." -- Brooks Kubik