Hail to the Dinosaurs!
I thought you'd enjoy reading about
more things that work. But be warned --
today's list is a little different.
And yes, like everything else in lifting,
these tips apply to life in general. That's
one of the beauties of the Iron Game. You
don't just build strength and muscle --
you build character.
So here, without further ado, is today's
list of 10 More Things that Work:
10. Making up your mind to start. And
9. Finishing what you start.
8. Waking up every morning on a training
day and saying, "I'm going to have a GREAT
7. Talking to yourself.
6. Choosing worthy goals -- goals that set
you on fire to achieve them.
5. The sound of plates being loaded onto a
4. Training alone in cathedral silence.
4a. Note that cathedral silence can occur
anywhere you make it occur.
3. Concentration, focus and the inner
2. Starting with small steps, and building
on small victories.
2a. Moving from small victories to great
1. Living (and lifting) in the NOW -- not
in the past, not in the present, and not
anywhere other than RIGHT NOW.
As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today (as I will),
make it a good one!
Yours in strength,
P.S. Father's day is right around the corner --
and Gray Hair and Black Iron makes a great gift
for Father's Day:
Here's another great gift for Father's Day --- or
for any day:
P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters:
P.S. 3. Thought for the day: "Don't sweat the small
stuff. That's what the big plates are for."
-- Brooks Kubik