The Dinosaur and the Barbell

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I had a great workout last night,
and I thought I'd tell you about
it.

It was one of those old school
workouts you see so often here
at Dino Headquarters.

I started with 10 minutes of
stretching and loosening up drills.
These include things like overhead
squats with a broomstick, shoulder
dislocates, and even some slow speed
squat snatches.

Next, I did squat snatches, starting
with the empty bar and working up to
my training weights.

I did doubles and triples with my
working weight, and they kicked my
you know what.

Next, I did snatch grip high pulls.

After that, I did front squats.

And that was it.

The entire workout took about one hour
and five minutes.

Today's a rest day, and the day after
that will be another training day. I'll
do a different workout, with different
exercises, but it will be pretty similar.

That's the way it is at Dino Headquarters:
basic OL training 3x per week. In other
words, me and the barbell -- some chalk
and sweat -- and not much else.

I'm sure your workout is different -- but
in many ways, it's quite similar. That's
because Dinos focus on the important things.
They focus on the iron. And they focus on
getting it done.

That's what i did last night. I got it
done. Went out to the garage, chalked my
hands, grabbed the bar and had a great
workout. And that's what Dinos do.

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's an entire book of old-school,
Dino-style workouts -- from beginner to
intermediate to advanced -- along with
20 special workouts for maximum muscle
mass:

http://www.brookskubik.com/chalk_and_sweat.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are
right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "It starts
and ends with you and the bar."
-- Brooks Kubik