The "How Many Meals Per Day?" Question

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Couple of quick notes, and then we'll talk
about eating for strength and muscle.

1. The Dinosaur Files Quarterly

My printer is finishing up issue no. 2, and
it looks pretty darn good. We'll put an order
button up as soon as we can -- hopefully,
later today. When we do, we'll also include
the table of contents so you can see all the
different authors and articles for this issue.

We sell these little monsters issue by issue,
and we have plenty of issue no. 1 in stock --
so if you missed it, go ahead and grab a
copy of issue no. 1 right now -- and then
grab issue no. 2 later in the week.

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_quarterly.html

2. Dinosaur Training Secrets, Vol. 1

Continues to get rave reviews (check them
out at the Amazon Kindle site), and continues
to rank as a top 10 in its category best-seller
for Amazon's kindle books. That's not bad
for something that's hard-core, old-school
and miles removed from Chrome and Fern
land!

Go here to grab your copy of the little
monster -- in your choice of hard-copy or
e-book at the Kindle site:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_secrets_01.html

A big THANK YOU to everyone who posted a
review on the Amazon site. They really help.

If you haven't already posted one, please do
so.

3. Military Press Course testimonials

If you have a copy of the Dinosaur Training
Military Press and Shoulder Power Course,
please send me a testimonial. Thanks!

AND NOW -- a diet and nutrition question.

This one is tough, because I'm upstairs in
the study, pounding away on the keyboard,
and Trudi is downstairs in the kitchen, cooking
breakfast.  I can hear the bacon sizzling --
and in a few minutes, I'll be able to smell it.

And that makes it hard to write about food!

Anyhow, several readers have asked another
which is better question -- as in, "Which is
better -- three meals a day or six meals a
day?"

And some phrase it as, "I thought you were
supposed to eat six meals a day -- but you
only eat three! What gives?"

So here's the answer.

There's no "best" number of meals per day
that applies to all of us. It varies from person
to person.

If someone tells you that you HAVE to eat six
meals a day to build strength and muscle, they
are flat out wrong.

For some people, it's good advice.

For others, it's really bad advice.

For me, it would be really bad advice.

Some people do better on three meals per
day because they digest and assimilate their
food better. I'm one of them -- so I stick to
three meals a day.

Plus, I don't like to train on a full stomach --
or really, to have anything in my stomach when
I train. So six meals a day wouldn't work very
well for me. It would interfere with my training,
and that's a problem.

Anything that makes it harder to do heavy squats
and deadlifts and other basic, compound exercises
is going to be a negative, not a positive.

Plus, I'm awfully busy all day long -- and quite
frankly, I barely have time for three meals. Six
meals a day would be a problem.

Now, I know that someone is going to suggest
that I try three meals a day plus three protein
shakes.

Problem is -- I don't like protein shakes. I prefer
to get my protein from meat and eggs. (See the
thought for the day at the end of the post.)

But once again, other Dinos prefer protein shakes,
and if they do, that's fine.

So don't sweat the number of meals things. There's
no magic number -- and no one right answer.

Hope that helps.

Now it's time for breakfast!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Knife, Fork, Muscle is the number one book
about sensible diet and nutritiion for building
strength and muscle -- maintaining life-long
good health -- and staying lean, hard and
muscular:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_nutrition.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Squats and steak are
hard to beat." -- Brooks Kubik

*********************************************