Strong as Heck at Age 60

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk training.

1. Dinosaur Training e-books

Tons of readers have asked us to offer e-books,
and we're doing it. And we're also offering the
same material in hard-copy format, so you can
choose which format you prefer.

Go here to grab The Dinosaur Military Press
and Shoulder Power course in your choice of
hard-copy or e-book:

http://www.brookskubik.com/militarypress_kindle.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/militarypress_course.html

Go here to grab my new course, Dinosaur
Training Secrets, Vol. 1. It's the first in a
series of all-new courses I'll be doing this
year. There are separate order buttons for
the hard-copy course and the Kindle e-book:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_secrets_01.html

If you order one of our e-books, please post
a review on our Amazon page. The reviews
really help us.

2. Physical Culture Radio

I'm co-hosting Physical Culture Radio every
Thursday at 12:00 noon EST. Catch it live or
listen to the download ayc.

You can find Physical Culture Radio -- including
our first two episodes -- right here:

http://superhumanradio.com/

I answer questions from readers on the show,
so if you have a question you'd like me to
cover, shoot it on in.

On the training front, let's talk about one
of my long-term training goals -- and how
I plan to get there.

Here it is:

I want to be strong as heck at age 60.

I started thinking about this after my last
birthday, back in September. I turned 57.

But in weightlifting years, I'm already 58 --
because in Masters weightlifting competition,
your lifting age is effective on January 1 --
so for lifting purposes, I'm 58.

And that made me think how close I am to
age 60 . . .

and that made me think that being strong as
heck at age 60 would be pretty darn good.

That raises the question of how to measure
the "strong as heck part."

And that's easy.

I like to train on weightlifting workouts now,
so I'll measure the "strong as heck" part by
seeing what I can snatch and clean and jerk
at age 60.

I chose those lifts because I enjoy weight-
lifting workouts more than anything else. But
it would work just as well with a powerlifting
program -- or with anything else you like to
do. The important thing is to have a way of
measuring your performance at age 60 -- or
whatever age you are approaching. It may be
40, 50, 60, 70 or even 80.

The critical thing is to set a goal and work
towards it -- and to turn the whole "getting
older" thing into a way of making your workouts
part of a long-term goal and a life-long process.

And it's a way of getting excited about every
passing year rather than feeling blue about it.
In a way, it's a little like Jack LaLanne's famous
birthday celebrations -- where he did a new and
incredible feat of strength and endurance every
year on his birthday.

It worked pretty well for him -- he stayed strong
and healthy and fit for his entire life -- right up
until the end, at close to age 100.

Anyhow, that's the program.

Strong as heck at age 60.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,
Brooks Kubik

P.S. You're never too old to train -- you just need
to train smarter as you get older. Gray Hair and
Black Iron tells you how to do it:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and issues
no. 1 and 2 of the new Dinosaur Files quarterly --
are available right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_quarterly.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Getting older happens.
Getting older and better takes more work." -- Brooks
Kubik

********************************************