Hitting the Iron in Three Hours!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk training.
And pay attention, because we're going to
cover some important training tips.

The Dinosaur Files Quarterly

Issue no. 3 is available in your choice of hard-
copy or Kindle e-book:

Hardcopy

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_quarterlyorder.html

Kindle e-book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0110V566A?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

My Interview with Bill Hinbern

Runs a little over two hours. We're cutting it
into five 20 or 25 minute segments, and will
get it loaded onto YouTube as fast as we can.

Hopefully, that will happen tonight or
tomorrow -- but it depends on my tech
guy and how soon he can get to it. I'll
email when it goes live.

Hitting the Iron in 3 Hours

As I type this, I'm about 3 hours away from
today's workout -- and I'm itching to get out
to the garage and start training.

My workouts have been going great this year,
and there are several reasons for that. In no
particular order, here are some things that are
working well and making a difference:

1. Lots of water.

I'm drinking plenty of water (especially in
hot weather) to stay as hydrated as possible.
Water is your friend -- especially if you're an
older trainee. Did you know that our muscles
start to lose water as we grow older?

2. A Good Diet

I'm very serious about diet and nutrition, and
this year, I'm working on it extra hard. The
anti-inflammation diet that I cover in Knife,
Fork, Muscle has been working very well.

3. Sensible Cycling.

I've been using the simple cycling system
that I cover in Gray Hair and Black Iron --
with some refinements that I teach in
Dinosaur Training Secrets, Vol. 3.

It's been very effective -- helps me train
hard while avoiding injuries, and that's
the name of the game.

4. Stretching, Stretching and Stretching.

I've been doing MUCH more stretching,
flexibility and mobility work than ever
before. At close to age 60, it's mandatory.

The stretching includes warm-ups, in-
between sets stretching, and post workout
stretches -- as well as stretching on
non-training days.

I may need to write this up for the Dinos,
because it's really making a big difference.

5. Sticking to What Works Best for Me.

I'm sticking to a small number of exercises
that work best for me right now -- and it's
been paying big dividends.

6. Rest and Sleep.

I've been resting a bit more, and sleeping a
little longer every night.  That seems to have
made a big difference in my energy levels and
in my recovery and recuperation.

7.  Concentration and Visualization.

I've always placed great emphasis on the mental
aspects of strength training, and this year is no
different than previous years.

In fact, I've been doing more mental training than
ever before. And it's been working GREAT -- as
in, even better than I thought it would work.

Now, none of this is earth-shattering, and none
of this is top secret. But it's good to be reminded
of the things that work every once in awhile --
so consider yourself reminded, and put these
seven tips to work in your own training!

As always, thanks for reading, and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a good
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Be sure to grab issue no. 3 of the Dinosaur
Files Quarterly:

Hardcopy

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_quarterlyorder.html

Kindle e-book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0110V566A?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

P.S. 3. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "The things that work
are often very simple, but you need to keep on
doing them." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************