The Wounded Dinosaur: A Call to Action!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Today’s message is a call to action to all Dinos. One of your fellow Dinos has been in a very serious accident. His name is Jeff.

I’m going to share Jeff’s story – in his own words, in emails to me – and then I’m going to ask you to do me a very big favor.

The first email is dated August 13 – the second came yesterday.

“Here's my Friday update for you. On July 9, I was riding my motorcycle when a woman hit me at an intersection. Apparently, she didn't see me.

I suffered a broken pelvis, 2 broken legs, broken left hand, 7 broken ribs, multiple skull fractures, ripped bladder, spleen, and liver -- and am also now blind in my left eye.

I was recently sent home to finish recovering. They are hoping I will walk again in 3 months. I suppose my days of farmer walking or sand bag carrying are over.

I have started physical therapy (in bed) and was told my legs and arms have completely atrophied. My new dinosaur training consists of just trying to lift my legs and grabbing a towel with my bad hand. It is by far the hardest work I've ever done in my life as stupid as that may sound.

One day I hope to continue training with body weight -- dinosaur style.

Attempting to stay strong,

Jeff”

“Brooks!

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, shortly after I wrote you I got an infection and loss the use of my legs. I was whisked away back to the hospital. I did regain use last week. I am now back home and just finished my last surgery. They removed my external pelvic fixator. Google it! Sweet sweet Internet once more!

I started re-learning to walk today with a walker and can't wait to start working on my grip. I am very optimistic about seated exercises...even know that goes against all I’ve learned over the years :(

I wish I had been able to contact you sooner so I could keep you updated. I glanced at the email subjects of everything I missed over the last month and saw some stuff for beginners. That's me again! I'm so excited!

I've now dropped from 210 to 161. Waiting for someone to kick sand in my face. Thank you for the encouraging stories. I know there is hope.

I would really like any reading you can provide. I have your books -- fiction and non -- and actually some of the OLD original Dino files. So if there is something you can provide without dipping into your pocket I would be very thankful.

Jeff”

So that’s the story.

Now here’s your call to action. I want everyone reading this email to take a couple of minutes and write a short note, card or letter to Jeff – or go out and buy a card for him – and send it to me here at Dino HQ.

Pls don’t send an email – send a hard copy in an envelope so that Jeff can actually hold it in his hand and open it.

The goal is to bury the guy in cards and letters. I want him to get hundreds of them – or thousands.

And I also want you to do this – Jeff needs reading material – so if you have any old magazines, books, courses, or DVD’s that a fellow Dino might look to read – pls send one or two. I’m going to include some things from Dino HQ, of course – but I want to send the biggest darn package ever. So help me out. Shoot in anything you can spare.

Or do this – make ONE photocopy of ONE article from any magazine you have – and send that in.

Send everything to my PO Box:

Brooks Kubik Enterprises, Inc.
P.O. Box 4426
Louisville Ky 40204

I’ll collect everything as it comes in and put it in a BIG box – and send it on to Jeff in about two weeks.

Thanks for reading – and thanks for responding to this call for action.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Feel free to pass this email to a friend – or post it at your gym – or share it w/ folks from school or work – or send it to folks via Facebook – or post it on any internet board out there – or do anything else to help spread the word. You don’t need to be a Dinosaur or a weightlifter to respond to this message and help a guy who could use some support.