Strength Training Is a Way of Life

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Good morning, and I hope your week is
off to a great start.

My week is going great. I had a hard
workout out in the garage last night.

Power snatches, power cleans, snatch
grip high pulls and front squats,
followed by some neck, grip and gut
work.

Now, if you've been paying attention to
my daily emails, you may have noticed
a certain consistency to my workouts.

I do the same exercises for long
periods of time. Currently, I am focusing
on front squats, power snatches, power
cleans, snatch grip high pulls, clean
grip high pulls, power clean and push
press, power clean and power jerk, push
press and power jerk from the rack, and
not much else.

I perform three to five exercises
in a workout. Usually, it's four.

I vary things by switching the exercises
and the sequence in which I perform them.
I always vary the wts, reps and sets.

I usually focus on one exercise in each
workout, and perform extra sets for that
exercise. For example, last night the focus
was on power snatches, and I performed eight
sets. I did six sets on the snatch grip high
pulls and five sets on the power cleans and
the front squats.

It's a very simple way to train, but it gives
me good results -- and I enjoy it, which is
about 90% of the battle.

People often ask me how I can do the same
exercises without getting bored. It's a
puzzling question.

It's not puzzling because I don't know how I
keep from getting bored.

It's puzzling because I don't understand how
THEY can get bored from their training.

You want boring, do endless hours of cardio.
Most people who do cardio hate it so much
hat the fitness clubs have to put giant tv
screens on the wall so the cardio crowd can
watch the big screen idiot box while they
pedal away.

In contrast, lifting weights is endlessly
interesting. You don't find too many lifters
who watch television while they're doing a set
of heavy squats, deadlifts, presses or pulls.

What makes lifting weights interesting is that
every set is a new challenge. Even if it's a
warmup set, the challenge is to do each rep in
perfect form. If it's a heavy set, the challenge
is to DO IT -- and for a Dinosaur, that's more
than an advertising slogan. It's a way of life.

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great
day. If you hit the iron today, hit it hard.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Dinosaur Training books and courses -- the
Dinosaur Files newsletter (both the 2010 series
and subscription renewals for 2011) -- and the
ever-popular Legacy of Iron books are right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html