A Food Supplement Question for Dinosaurs!


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I'm pounding away on the keyboard, working
on a new book covering diet and nutrition
for Dinosaurs, and I wanted to ask the Dino
Nation a question:

"Have you ever taken a food supplement of any
sort -- protein powder, amino acid, metabolic
optimizer, creatine, or whatever -- and seen
significant and measurable results in strength
and muscle mass that you attribute to the food
supplement alone?"

If you have, please shoot me a short email and
let me know what you were taking and what
results you achieved.

But remember -- I'm looking for results that
were significant and measurable -- and that
can reasonably be attributed to the food
supplement alone. If you changed your diet
or your workout, we can't know whether your
results were from the change in diet, the
change in workout or the new supplement.

So think back over your training career, and
if let me know if you can say with 100 percent
certainty that a particular supplement brought
you some specific good results.

By the way, and for what it's worth -- I've
thought about my own 40-plus years of training,
and I can't think of any occasion that I added
a particular supplement to my diet and got any
sort of specific and measurable increases in
strength or muscle mass.

I think that fish oil supplements have had a
beneficial effect, but I can't point to any
increase in strength or muscle mass as a result
of taking them.

I made the standard blender bombers with protein
powder and other stuff when I was a kid, and I
got bigger and stronger, but I also started
serious training, so who knows if the protein
powder actually did any good? I probably would
have done just as well without it -- and in fact,
I did, because I couldn't afford to take the stuff
all the time, so there were long stretches where
I relied on nothing but training and food -- and
I still made progress.

Anyhow, I'd be interested in your feedback!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. We're getting tons of terrific feedback on
my new John Grimek training course. If you don't
already have a copy, you're missing a real treat.
You can grab the little monster right here:

http://brookskubik.com/johngrimek_course.html

P.S. 2. Save some clams on s&h by ordering two or
more books and courses at one time -- or by adding
back issues of The Dinosaur Files newsletter or
some Dinosaur Training DVD's to your order. You
can find everything right here at Dino
Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "A barbell lasts a
lot longer than a box of protein powder." (Or
words to that effect.) -- Arthur Jones