Gray Haired Dino Gets Great Results!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick updates, and then some training
talk.

1. Dinosaur Dumbbell Training is at the
printer and will be ready to ship SOON!
I'll keep you posted when I have a firm
ship date from the printer. It's taken
longer than expected because it has so
many photos and pages -- it took my
layout team a long time to get it all
together. But it looks GREAT -- and it
weighs in at over 200 8 1/2 x 11 pages.

If you haven't reserved your copy yet,
now's the time:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

2. I'm working on the first issue of the
new and improved quarterly Dinosaur Files
newsletter. If you have an idea for an
article, or if you want to run a classified
or box ad, shoot me an email. Also, I'll
send  a link to the subscription page in
a week or two.

And now, let's talk training.

Dr. Clifford Levy is one of our older
Dinos who's been getting GREAT results
on a very simple twice a week workout.
Note that he is back to barbell and
dumbbell work after a period of nearly
20 years, and that he is approaching
weights that he has not lifted since
1984. That's pretty impressive!

"Brooks,

Just want to tell you how much this gray
hair likes your training ideas. After taking
20-plus years off from barbells and DB's, I
have been back at it for 2-plus years. I did
spend those "off years" lifting heavy awkward
objects.

I train 2x/week:

Monday: Bench press, squats and chins.

Thursday: Deadlift, press, and rows.

I add some gut work and farmer's walk
when I can and it works well.

I add weight to the bar almost every month
and hope to hit 300, 400, 500 again before
the end of the year. I last did that in
1984.

Keep writing -- your work is inspiring.

Lee"

Lee -- Thanks for sharing that. It looks
like you are doing everything right in
your training -- including:

1. Two workouts per week.

2. Divided workouts.

3. Abbreviated training.

4. Basic, compound exercises.

5. Some supplemental gut work
and the farmer's walk for grip
strength and over-all
conditioning.

6. Setting high but not
impossible poundage goals.

7. Adding weight to the bar
regularly, but slowly.

Keep me posted on your training and your
progress, and let me know when you hit the
300/400/500 numbers.

To everyone -- as always, thanks for reading
and have a great day. If you train today,
make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Gray Hair and Black Iron is the best and
most complete book ever written about serious
training for older lifters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are available
right here at Dinosaur Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Everyone needs to
train smart, but older lifters need to train
double smart." -- Brooks Kubik