The Dinosaur at the Farmer's Market

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I started the day by going to the
Farmer's Market. When I got there,
I began the expedition by grabbing
some kale, swiss chard, baby bok
choy, arugula and garlic from Todd
Childers of Facing West Farm. He
sells killer greens.

And a woman standing in line said
to me, "Wow, that's a lot of greens.
Are you a chef?''

"No, they're for me and my wife."

"ALL those greens?"

I nodded.

"All of them."

"Oh, I get it. You're eating low carb."

"Well -- sort of. It's more Dino than
anything else."

"Who's Dino?"

"Dino is old-school, back to basics
strength training."

That made her think I was crazy, so she
started to edge away.

I paid for the greens and went over to
some of the other farm stands. I loaded
up on on pumpkin, sweet potatoes, red and
yellow peppers, red and green tomatoes,
carrots, broccoli, onions, and acorn squash.

A man asked me if I was a vegetarian.

"No, I'm a Dinosaur."

He, too, thought I was crazy, and began edging
away.

I took all the veggies to the car, and then
went over to Stan Gentle from Dreamcatcher
Farm. I buy his eggs from free-range Happy
Chickens, and his beef and pork from free
range, grass fed, pastured critters.

This time, I grabbed 5 pounds of ground beef,
two pounds of uncured (nitrate free) bacon,
two chuck roasts (one for us and one for a
friend), and 4 pork chops -- along with four
dozen eggs.

So much for being a vegetarian.

Someone asked me if I owned a restaurant.

"No, that's food for the family for a week."

"Must be a big family!"

"No, it's just me and my wife."

"Oh."

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders (inwardly,
not so he could see), and answered as best I
could.

"I'm a Dinosaur. I do old-school weight
training, and I work up a heck of an
appetite."

That made him step back and start to edge
away, so I grabbed my bags and headed away
before I ruined Stan's business for the day.

My last stop was to grab some fresh flowers
for Trudi.

Luckily, no one asked me about the flowers.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Real food builds real muscle -- but you
also need the right kind of training. Here's
a great book that tells you how to do it:

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2 My other books and courses are right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Train hard,
train heavy, be strong, be a Dinosaur!"
-- Brooks Kubik