The One Buck Challenge!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Someone asked me about my powerlifting
career and my law career -- as in, "Did
your powerlifting help or hurt your legal
career?"

The question came from a law student who's
also a powerlifter, so you can see that he
would have been interested in the answer.

So I had to tell him the truth.

I won five national championships in bench
press competitions -- and set a dozen
or so American, National Meet or even
World records in the bench press -- and
won a bunch of state and regional power-
lifting and bench press comps.

And none of that did anything to help my
legal career.

If I had played tennis -- look out.

Or gold -- look out.

Or even if I had run marathons -- or
swam -- or done tri-athalons -- look
out.

If I had won even ONE national championship
in basketball or football -- look out.

If I had been a five time national champion
in any "popular" sport, everyone in town
would have wanted me to do their legal
work.

But a five time national champion in the
bench press -- who cares?

That's what weightlifters and powerlifters
and strength athletes have faced from day
one -- and it's what they still face.

We get no respect -- no interest --
no Wheaties boxes -- no endorsement
contracts -- and no money.

So here's what I want you to do.

I want you to do.

I want you go to the nearest gym, and find
their bulletin board, and pin one dollar onto
the bulletin board.

Include a note that says:

"If you win a National championship in any
strength sport, this is yours."

We'll call it the One Buck Challenge.

Give it a year or two, and see what happens.

You may not have anyone who ever collects --
or you may have ONE LIFTER in the history of
lifting who makes a buck off of being number
one in the entire United States (or wherever
you live).

Not that I'm complaining. I never got rich --
and I never will -- but I have the Dinos --
and the Dinos are solid gold.

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. If you're wondering about how I
Trained to win those National Championships,
grab these books:

1. Dinosaur Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

2. Strength, Muscle and Power

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and DVD's --
are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Winning is something
you do for yourself, not for other people."
-- Brooks Kubik