Squats on Roller Skates (Part 2)

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

"So what do you think?" he asked.

"About you doing squats on roller skates?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

I thought fast. This was a tricky one.

"It sounds great!" I said (and I tried to
sound like I meant it). "There's just one
problem."

"Problem? What is it?"

"Well, I assume you plan on handling some
big iron - champion style stuff - lots of
big plates, and all."

He nodded his head impatiently.

"Double rainbows," he said. "Accept nothing
less!"

I hastened to agree before I burst out laughing.
Double rainbows? The only way this guy was ever
going to put a rainbow on the bar was if he
painted it -- or if he started squatting for
real, which was where I was going to take
things.

"Yeah, yeah, squat-o-saurus stuff! But that's
the problem. You'd need industrial strength
roller skates to handle that kind of weight.
I don't think they make them -- and if they
did, they'd cost an arm and a leg!"

His eyes bulged like they were going to pop
right out of his head. He furled his brow
furiously as he tried to wrap his brain
around the dilemma.

After several seconds, he gave up.

"You're right!" he said. "I never thought of
that. Why didn't the guy who invented the
idea warn me?"

"Maybe he doesn't squat heavy."

"Maybe. I dunno. NOW what do I do?"

He sat on a bench and sighed. He looked the
perfect picture of dejection.

"I know something you could try."

"What's that?"

"Squats in shoes."

"Shoes?"

"Yeah -- shoes."

"I dunno," he muttered. "It sounds radical."

"It is," I promised. "It is. And what till
you get a load of the special squat program
I'm gonna give you."

He started to perk up.

"Special program? What is it? Bulgarian triple
split quad optimizers? Or the 50 x 50 system?"

I waved my hand dismissively.

"That stuff's yesterday. This is now."

And I reached into my gym bag and pulled out a
notebook and a pen -- and started to write up a
program.

"Shoes?" he asked. "For real."

I nodded.

"For real."

TO BE CONTINUED

P.S. You may not make it to double rainbows,
but you can pack plenty of iron onto the bar
-- and build plenty of muscle mass - if you
train the right way. And here's something that
teaches the right way to train:

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are
right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Train hard, train
heavy, and keep it real." -- Brooks Kubik