Training Madness for Beginners!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

When you're a beginning trainee, you
have tremendous untapped potential,
and you can (and should) make very
rapid gains in strength and muscular
development.

This is particularly true for trainees
in their teens, which is when so many
get bitten by the barbell bug.

Unfortunately, that's not always what
happens.

Many beginning trainees get NOTHING in
the way of progress - as in, a big, fat
ZERO. ZIPPO. GOOSE EGGS. NADA.

And that's a crying shame.

The problem, in most cases, is not a
lack of effort.

It's not a lack of trying.

It's not a lack of "wanting it."

It's a lack of good training advice.

That was true when I was a kid, just
getting started in the Iron Game - and
it's true today.

In fact, it's probably more true today
than ever -- because the sheer amount
of training information has increased
astronomically -- but the percentage
of GOOD ADVICE is still a tiny fraction
of the total -- and that means that it's
harder to find than ever.

For example, consider just how difficult
it is for a newbie to find good answers to
these basic training questions without
getting hopelessly lost in the interweb
world of information overload:

1. How often should I train?

2. What equipment should I use?

3. What exercises should I do?

4. Where should I train?

5. How many sets should I do?

6. How many reps should I do?

7. What should I eat?

Those are basic, fundamental questions that
every newbie should be asking -- and every
coach, gym owner or "expert" should be able
to answer without blinking an eye.

But most newbies don't even think to ask
the questions -- and most people who SHOULD
know the answers, DON'T.

Everyone is too caught up in the details
of advanced training. The silly stuff. How
Mr. Inter-Galactic Superstar trains. Which
super supplements to take. Whether to eat
six high protein power meals a day or ten.
Is it better to do peak contraction
iso-tension curls or Himalayan power
curls -- and do you superset them with
Bulgarian triceps blasters or Hawaiian
arm massifiers?

I was thinking about this because I'm getting
a lot of questions from beginners -- or from
parents of young men (and young women) who
are wanting to start training. And I know
that good advice is critically important
for them -- and very hard to get.

I thought I'd covered the topic pretty well
in CHALK AND SWEAT -- where I give ten
different workouts and lots of how to get
started advice for beginners (followed by
40 other workouts for intermediates,
advanced trainees and trainees looking
to build maximum strength and muscle mass).

But I get so many questions about training
for beginners and young lifters that perhaps
I need to tackle the subject again in a
special course or a short book.

So I'm asking for feedback -- is that
something you'd like me to tackle after
I finish the current diet and nutrition
book?

Shoot me an email and let me know.

As always, thanks for reading, and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S.  These are all great for beginners:

a. Chalk and Sweat

http://www.brookskubik.com/chalk_and_sweat.html

b. Dinosaur Bodyweight Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

c. Dinosaur Arm Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_armtraining.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "The best place to
start is at the beginning, and the best time
to do it is now." -- Brooks Kubik