Still Crazy After All These Years!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

One quick note, and then we'll talk
training.

So let's begin on the French Riviera . . .

1. Dinosaur Training at the Cannes
Film Festival.

Back in the day, we had photos of
Steve Reeves at the Cannes Film
Festival -- and I'm sure that was a
good thing for bodybuilding and
weight training.

But now we have a Dinosaur Training
connection at Cannes.

My daughter, Lily, stars in a 7-minute
short film that was accepted at the
2015 Cannes Film Festival. She took
the cover photo for Legacy of Iron,
so that makes her film an official Dino
connection.

Go here to take a look at it:

https://vimeo.com/123704445

Personally, I think this tops Steeve
Reeves at Cannes, but that's just me.

2. Still Crazy After All these Years!

On the training front, I've been hitting
some hard workouts in the garage.

We're having a record-setting hot spell,
and the chalk and sweat has been flying
fast and furious.

So has the iron.

I do all Olympic weightlifting now -- both
for its many benefits, and because I enjoy
it more than anything else.

As you get older, its important to do things
you enjoy. At age 58, I figure I've earned
the right.

I do squat style snatches and the squat style
clean and jerk. They're very demanding,
complex movements, and they really
challenge an older trainee.

And that's one reason I like doing them.

Because not many people my age can do
them -- or would even try -- or want to
try.

And most "experts" would tell a man my
age to stay as far away from weightlifting
as possible.

Heck, every doctor I've ever seen has
told me to train light and do 12 to 15 reps
-- because that's how an older man
is "supposed to train."

Not sure who invented that rule, but that's
what they always tell me. And they've been
doing it for about 30 years now.

Of course, if they saw what I was doing out
in the garage, they'd tell me I was "crazy."

That's fine. People have been saying that
for a long, long time.

In high school, there were coaches who told
us not to lift weights because it would make
us "muscle-bound."

One coach said you'd have to be "crazy" to
lift weights.

Well, I was crazy. I lifted weights.

When I trained at a commercial gym and
started doing bottom posiiton squats and
benches in the power rack, I got the same
reaction.

The guy's "crazy."

When I lifted heavy sandbags and a heavy
anvil out in the backyard, and when I staggered
down the sidewalk with my steel suitcases,
the neighbors looked out the windows, did
a double take, and said, "He's crazy!"

Now, I'm almost 60, and I'm hitting the
iron like I was a kid, and I'm sure plenty
of people think I'm crazy.

And that's fine.

I'm having fun, and I'm staying strong. And
that's what counts.

Whatever your age, you can join me. Find
things you like to do, and hit them hard.
And have fun doing it!

As always, thanks for reading, and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a good
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here are some great resources for fun and
effective strength training:

a. Strength, Muscle and Power

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

b. Dinosaur Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

c. Dinosaur Bodyweight Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

d. Dinosaur Dumbbell Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

e. Gray Hair and Black Iron

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and links
to my Kindle e-books -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Serious training is
hard work -- but it's also great fun!" -- Brooks
Kubik

**************************************************