How to Develop Speed and Smooth Lifting

Stepping up to the bar at Dino Headquarters.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Several of you have said you enjoy
watching my videos on Instagram.

And you've also asked how to to
develop speed, good form, and
smooth technique on the Olympic
lifts.

So I thought I'd share a new
video that answers that question.

It shows me working on speed,
form and smooth technique.

It's called drilling - and I do lots
and lots of it in my workouts.

I begin each workout with the
empty bar - and I use it to drill
whatever lift I'm training that
day.

If it's snatches, I drill snatches.

If it's clean and jerk, I drill clean
and jerks.

I do five singles, working for
perfect form and smooth
technique on each one.

Then I add 5 kilo plates and
repeat the process - 5 singles,
striving for perfect form on
each.

Then I use 10 kilo plates and do
another 5 singles.

And so on.

I video each lift, and watch it
to see how I did and what I
can improve in the next lift.

I do this for 30 or 40 minutes
in every workout - before I get
anywhere near a heavy weight.

It's a must for older lifters -
because it helps keep you
fast, mobile and agile.

And fast, mobile and agile is
a very good thing ta any age.

And an even better thing at
age 60.

Anyhow, here's what it looks
like:

https://www.instagram.com/brooks_kubik/?hl=en

By the way, let me repeat
something important. I do
singles - even when it's just
the empty bar.

Drilling isn't about doing lots
of reps - or as many reps as
you can, as fast as you can.

It's about single reps - making
each one as perfect as possible.

Enjoy the video - and hit the
LIKE button - and follow me
on Instagram.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. For more tips on effective
training for older Dinos, grab
this:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day:
"On every exercise, in every
workout,
strive to make every
rep absolutely
perfect."
- Brooks Kubik






We have more than 25 Dinosaur training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - head on over and take a look: