Beer Kegs at 20 Paces!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I do a lot of walking for cardio training,
calorie burning and over-all health and
fitness.

I live in apart of Louisville called The
Highlands -- and it's well named. Lots and
lots of hills. Some of them very long and
very steep.

I can go 5 or 6 miles, and at least a third
of the distance is uphill. Not as good as San
Francisco, but pretty darn close. And 5 or 6
miles at a good, steady pace, with lots of
hills, is a pretty good hike every morning.

Anyhow, I was into the home-stretch, and
passed a small park, and spotted 3 young guys
(early 20's) with some video cameras and tech
stuff -- and a beer keg -- with a big, long
strap of thick webbing attached to it.

Could it be?

Were they really dragging the thing around the
park? Was this some sort of hard-core strength
workout right out of the pages of Dinosaur
Training?

Then I thought, "If these guys are out in the park
lifting a beer keg, maybe they've read Dinosaur
Training!"

"Maybe they'll ask for an autograph!"

"Maybe they'll ask for some training advice."

At my age, as a senior member of the Iron Game
fraternity, it's always important to help younger
guys get the most out of their training. And if
they're excited to meet you and want your autograph,
it's even better.

So I cut into the park and walked over to where
they were standing.

"What are you guys doing with the beer keg?" I asked.

"We're filming a video for a rock group."

"Are you lifting it?"

He laughed, as if it were a foolish question. Who in
their right mind would lift a beer keg?

"No."

"Throwing it?"

Another short laugh. He stepped backward and began to
edge away from me.

"Uh -- no."

"Pulling it around?"

He nodded.

"Yeah -- we did that and filmed it."

I nodded.

"Well, that's good, too. But lifting it's better. So is
throwing the thing."

"Uh -- yeah -- I suppose."

I figured that was as much education as I could dispense
in one morning, so I headed on home, leaving the guys in
the park with their video cameras and their beer keg.

I guess dragging it was better than nothing. But it would
have made a much better video if they had lifted the darn
thing.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I cover heavy, awkward objects in Dinosaur Training and
in Strength, Muscle and Power -- and I offer workouts that
combine them with barbell and dumbbell training in Chalk and
Sweat. You can find them right here:

1. Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of Strength and Development

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html


2. Strength, Muscle and Power

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

3. Chalk and Sweat

http://www.brookskubik.com/chalk_and_sweat.html

P.S. 2 I also have an entire DVD devoted to training with
heavy, awkward objects -- and unlike those guys in the park,
I really do lift (and throw) heavy barrels and beer kegs.
I'm offering the little monster at a special "save some
wampum" summertime blowout -- along with 4 other Dinosaur
training DVD's. If you're interested, shoot me an email.

P.S. 3 Have a great weekend!