Enough Is Enough!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Yesterday, we covered one of the more
common training questions from reader --
the one about "the latest and greatest
super program."

Now, some of you may think I'm being
silly by even talking about the super
programs -- and some of you may wonder
why I bother -- and some of you may even
be angry at me for suggesting that (secret
of secrets) the super programs don't work.

Well, here's why I talk about them -- and
why I urge folks to avoid them.

I covered the whole super program thing in
a recent interview on SuperHuman Radio. And
after yesterday's email message, I received
an email from a lifter who had listened to
the show. Here's what he said:

"It was great to hear you address Bulgarian
daily max training on the SuperHuman Radio
show.

As I write this, I am slowly healing a
bulging disk in my back thanks to the
Bulgarian program.

I fell in love with Olympic lifting, but
instead of following a 3 day a week plan
I tried to fast track things with a daily
max program.

Now I haven't been able to lift at all in
a month and who knows when I will be better.

I found out the hard way that these programs
are for the pros who devote all their time to
lifting and probably use "supplements" as well.

When I heal up, I will be back to listening to
you and training three days a week. You were
right."

And that's the most recent email from someone
who hurt himself following one of the super
programs -- but it's not the only one I've
ever received.

If the super programs were simply misguided and
ineffective -- a waste of time -- that would be
one thing. But when they hurt people, that's when
you have to stand up and say "Enough is enough."

That's what I'm doing. And I hope you'll join me
in the battle.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. If you're looking for a good program for a
beginner or intermediate, grab Chalk and Sweat.
(It also has programs for advanced men and sensible
programs for gaining maximum muscle mass.)

http://www.brookskubik.com/chalk_and_sweat.html

P.S. 2. If you're over the age of 35, be sure to read
Gray Hair and Black Iron:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html


P.S. 3. If you want to learn about power rack training,
rest pause training and oodles of other good stuff,
grab Dinosaur Training and Strength, Muscle and Power:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 4. If you want to learn how the strongest men
in the world trained "back in the day" -- without
drugs and without super programs -- then grab the
Doug Hepburn Training Course and Black Iron: The John
Davis Story:

http://www.brookskubik.com/doug_hepburn.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/blackiron_johndavis.html


P.S. 5 -- We'll cover this in more detail in another post,
but did you note one of the big mistakes made by the reader
who hurt his back?

He was a BEGINNER at Olympic weightlifting. And instead
of using a beginner-level program, he tried a program
based on what World and Olympic class lifters are doing.

ALWAYS follow a program that is appropriate for your
current level of strength and development. If you are
not a champion, you're not ready for the champion's
program!

That's so important that it should be a BLACK BOX
WARNING on the front cover of every muscle mag in
existence -- and on every internet site, forum,
or blog that covers weight training, weightlifting,
powerlifting and bodybuilding.