An Important Question for the Dino Nation!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

One quick correction, and a very important
question for you:

1. Correction

The link to Ben Bergman's Power and Might
Blog was broken in yesterday's email.

Try this instead:

http://powerandmight.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-review-of-legacy-of-iron-series.html

If that doesn't work, go to his home page and
look for his blog post on the Legacy of Iron
series:

http://powerandmight.blogspot.com/

Sorry for the problem with yesterday's link! As
a Dino, I am a T-Rex, not a Tek-o-saurus.

2. Question for Dinos

As I mentioned, my birthday is coming up soon --
as on September 9. And I wanted to do some things
to celebrate -- things that involve doing stuff
for the Dino community.

So let me know if any of these ideas interest you
(and pls respond even if the answer is "sorry, not
interested" -- there are many things I can do, and
I'd like to do something that MANY of you want to
see or read):

a. A special b'day training DVD showing the old
guy (that would be me) hitting the iron out in the
garage on his 54th b'day.

I could film an actual current workout from start
to finish, and explain what I am doing and why.

And if you'd like I could include some step by
step instruction on the lifts I'm doing at present
(old-school split cleans and split jerks, and old-
school split snatches). So it would be a two for
one DVD -- the b'day workout PLUS some instruction
on old-school lifting.

b. A short book or course consisting of answers to
your training questions.

Here's how it would work -- I'll put up a special
page to pre-order the book.course -- and then you
would place a pre-publication order, and include ONE
brief training question with your order. It could be
anything from "can you give me a good program for
gaining muscle" to "how can I increase my press?"
to "What do you know about [name of famous old-time
lifter]" to "Who is your favorite old-time lifter
and why?" to "What is the greatest feat of strength
of all time?" to -- well, pretty much anything.

I'd take the first 100 orders and the questions that
are asked, and work at warm-speed (that's a Tek term)
to get them into a book or course. And then we'd get
the little monster formatted and laid out, add some
photos, work up a cover, get it printed, and shoot it
out the door to you.

This would NOT be limited to 100 purchasers -- the
first 10 purchasers are the ones who get their questions
answered, but I won't limit the number of copies to 100.
Everyone will get a chance to grab the little monster.

If you like the book, I could do a second volume with
questions that didn't make it into the first one.

I like the idea because I see that so many readers have
the same or similar questions, and that means that even
if YOUR question wasn't answered, you'd find answers to
tons of other questions that have been bothering you.

And often, what seems like a very difficult or even
impossible question becomes easy when you get some
advice from a guy who's been doing this stuff for as
long as I have (45 years now).

So I think 100 DINOSAUR TRAINING QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
would be a fun and very valuable project.

But as I said, I want to know what YOU think -- so pls
shoot me an email and let me know if you like it.

c. Option 3 is that we have a big birthday bash, everyone
comes over, we all lift heavy stuff, and afterward we
gorge ourselves on grilled steak and fresh salad greens.

I like that option the best, but I think the neighbors
would complain if 10,000 Dinos crammed themselves into
the garage and back yard and started to lift heavy iron.

Heck, it might even cause the next big earthquake --
and I don't want to be responsible for triggering a
tectonic plate shift that splits North America in two.

Anyhow, thanks for reading, and please let me know what
sounds good for a Birthday Special -- and if you have
any other ideas, feel free to shoot them in!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My books and courses are ready to ship -- and I might
mention that BLACK IRON: THE JOHN DAVIS STORY would be a
heck of a nice treat for any serious Iron Slinger and fan
of old-school lifting. And if you want an autographed copy,
just let me know!

Black Iron: The John Davis Story

http://www.brookskubik.com/blackiron_johndavis.html

For other Dinosaur Training books, courses, t-shirts,
the Dino Files newsletter and the Legacy of Iron books,
go here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2 Save some wampum on s&h by ordering two or more
books, courses or other items at one time. There's no
reason to pay the post office 2x!