Why I'm Not Watching the 2016 Olympics

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

For much of my life, I lived in
the power rack.

But before that, I lived on the
wrestling mat.

I was a high school wrestler, and
a good one. I even won a state
championship in Greco-Roman
wrestling.

Wrestling is the oldest sport -- and
a great sport.

It builds men.

It's arguably the toughest and most
demanding of all sports.

It's also cheap to do. Even small
schools can field a great wrestling
team -- and small countries can field
great wrestlers in international
competition.

Which is why the decision of the IOC
(announced yesterday) to drop wrestling
from the Olympic Games is absolutely
ridiculous.

Apparently, the sport doesn't bring in
top television ratings -- so they're
dropping it-- and just like that, the
oldest sport in the Olympic Games is
gone.

I suppose they'll replace it with two-man
pogo stick races, popsicle tossing, or
synchronized basket weaving.

And that makes my decision an easy one. No
more Olympics. They can have them -- but
I'm not watching them.

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My Dinosaur Training books and courses are
right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day: "It's not about
the audience, it's about the athletes -- or
should be." -- Brooks Kubik