How I Learned About Effective Training

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick updates, and then we'll talk training.

1. Knife, Fork, Muscle

I just got off the phone with my printer, and it
looks like the books will ship to me next week --
probably next Thurs or Fri. We are all set to fire
them out the door as soon as they arrive. I will
keep you posted as I learn more.

BTW -- the little monster looks GREAT -- and is
a little bigger than expected -- and the 7 special
reports are pretty darn good, as well.

And yes, I really do have writer's cramp from
writing personal notes to everyone who ordered
the little monster.

2. The new Quarterly Dinosaur Files

Here's the order page for the new quarterly Dinosaur
Files:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_quarterly.html

We'll be shipping the little monster in 7 - 10
days, so grab your copy NOW.

Note that the price includes shipping. If you want to
combine your order for the Dino Files with any other
product, shoot me an email and ask for a shipping
quote. We can usually save you  some clams by
bundling 2 or more items.

Also -- note that the quarterly Dino Files is a single
issue item, not a one year subscription. It works
better to offer the little monster issue by issue
when we do a quarterly publication.

On the training front . . .

As you could see from Friday's email, I was pretty
confused about strength training back in 1969 --
largely as a result of the rampant misinformation
in the muscle comics I read.

The last thing I needed was a Muscle Beach "bomb,
blast and blitz" workout -- but that's what I was
doing, because that's what the magazines said the
"champs" did.

How did I learn the right way to train?

It was the result of finding a copy of Peary Rader's
wonderful old IronMan magazine at a big magazine
store in Canton, Ohio -- while we were up there to
visit my grandmother at Christmas.

There was an article by a man named Bradley J.
Steiner.

In it, he told the truth about how to build strength
and muscle -- and he talked about the old-school
champions, and how they trained -- and he laughed
the pants off the Muscle Beach workouts and the
muscle comic silliness.

He made an incredible impression on me -- and he
got me started on the road to SENSIBLE and
EFFECTIVE training.

Or, as I now call it, real world training.

Interestingly, I later learned that Steiner learned much
of his stuff from Harry Paschall -- who learned much of
his stuff from Alan Calvert -- and who got started with
a Milo barbell set and the old Milo barbell courses after
seeing Alan Saxon perform his strongman act in the
circus.

Thus, much of what we teach here at Dinosaur Training
traces its roots all the way back to Arthur Saxon and
the legendary Continental strongmen.

I did an interview last week with the guys from the
Paleo Treats website. We talked about the whole story,
and I think you'll enjoy it:

http://paleotreats.com/blogs/paleo-treats/18083027-episode-25-brooks-kubik

By the way, one of my feature articles in the first quarterly
issue of The Dinosaur Files gives you a detailed Bosco-style,
old-school training program based on the programs that
Harry Paschall taught -- so we've gone full circle, and
yes, we're doing our best to preserve and promote the
best traditions and the best workouts of the past.

You know, when I was doing the Muscle Beach stuff back
in 1969, I had no idea where it would all lead. I'm darn
glad it ended up leading back to the real roots of sensible
physical training.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great day. If
you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's the link for the new quarterly Dinosaur Files:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_quarterly.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and shirts, sweatshirts,
hoodies and DVD's -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Everyone deserves to learn
how to train the right way -- and no one deserves to waste
years of their life on the silly stuff." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************