More Cardio Training Ideas for Dinos!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

First of all, I've been getting a ton of emails
asking for links to my e-books on Kindle. We
have 9 of them now -- with more coming. The
links are on our products page, and also here
at the Dinosaur Training Blog:

http://dinosaurtraining.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-complete-list-as-of-today.html

In other news, the June 2015 issue of the
Dinosaur Files Quarterly is finished, and the
printer is doing the lay-out work for the little
monster. We'll put up a link to place your
order for the June issue very soon, and
I'll send an email when it's ready.

The June issue of The Dinosaur Files Quarterly
will be avilable in both hard-copy and Kindle
e-book. If you want to see what the Dinosaur
Files Quarterly looks like on Kindle, go here to
take a peek at the December 2014 issue:

 http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurquarterly_01_kindle.html

FEEDBACK FROM DINOS

On the training front, we got a ton of great
feedback from Dinos in response to my email
about Dino-style cardio. Here are some of your
responses:

1. Try 20 Rep Squats and Deadlifts!

I added a set of 20 rep squats and deadlifts
for my cardio, and I feel super energized and
my joints feel great.

Jeff Hackett

2. Loaded Carries Do the Trick!

My solution to the cardio issue at age 56 has
been loaded carries.

Outdoors I will do 1 - 5 lifts, followed immediately
by a 1 minute loaded carry that tracks the lift I
am doing: sandbag shouldering and carry, sandbag
zercher squat and zercher carry, barbell muscle clean
or snatch and overhead carry, or deadlift and farmers
walk.

I take a one minute timed rest between sets, and
repeat  each lift and carry 4 - 10 times. I cover 60
to 80 meters on each carry.

I am breathing like a locamotive at the end.
In six months, I've dropped 5 percent fat while
maintaining my weight at 200 pounds at 6 feet.
And as you know, at this age it is a real
accomplishment to gain a true one pound of
muscle per month.

Add in a low volume of daily grip, gut and neck
work and I'm good to go.

Zail Khalsa

3. Hill Walks

Could not agree with you more. I take two 30
minute walks a day in my hilly neighborhood. I
go faster up the hills and slow down on the flats
and the decline. My husky loves it, too.

Peter Yates

4. Try Cycling!

I would add cycling, too. It must be one of the
most under-rated cardio exercises, not to talk
of the potential of building strong legs. And it's
easy on the lower back.

You also can get a lot of errands done on a
bicyle!

Paul Soumendra

5. The Rowing Machine!

Add rowing on the rowing machine!

Jan Moerman

So there you have it. Five more ideas for Dino-style
cardio training.

For more, see Gray Hair and Black Iron and
Dinosaur Bodyweight Training:

Gray Hair and Black Iron

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

Dinosaur Bodyweight Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day.  If you train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My other books and courses are right here
at Dino Headquarters -- along with links to my
Kindle e-books:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day: "It's amazing what
you can accomplish with a little bit of regular
training and consistent effort." -- Brooks Kubik

***************************************