The Strongest Man in the World

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dino dads and
granddads out there!

Today is the first Father's Day since my dad's
passing on April 18 of this year. So I thought
I'd share something I wrote about him after
he passed.

I hope you enjoy it.

THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD

My dad passed away at 6:15 in the evening
this past Saturday.

He had been diagnosed with acute mono-
systemic leukemia on Tuesday. He declined
treatment and chose to spend his last days
in hospice care.

We were with him the whole week, never
leaving his side, sleeping in his room, and
letting him know that he was not alone.

We talked with him, read his favorite books
to him, and played his favorite songs and
music from the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's.

We watched one of his favorite broadway
musicals, South Pacific. He was sleeping,
but I'm sure he enjoyed it.

We held him at the very end, and held him
extra close and extra tight as the last breath
left his body.

I had my hand on his heart, and could feel
the very last beat. And then it stopped --
and he was gone. It was gentle, dignified
and peaceful.

He is walking now with Jean, a collie dog
who passed several years ago and who
was one of many wonderful dogs he owned
and loved.

Dad was a small, thin man, who bought a
barbell set from the local sporting goods
store back in 1966, when he was 38 years
years old.

He gained 20 or 30 pounds of muscle very
quickly -- just by doing a basic barbell and
dumbbell program on the patio in our back
yard.

He grew from about 135 pounds to 165
pounds by using that barbell set. I was
just a kid, but I remember seeing him
grow muscles, and I decided to start
doing some barbell training of my own.

So everything you see in my writing --
the  focus on basic barbell training,
simple exercises, abbreviated workouts,
and home gym training for cellar-dwellers
and garage gorillas started (for me)
with my dad. He was the very first
Dinosaur.

If you think about it, that makes him a
very special man. He started something
that has had a profound effect on tens
of thousands of trainees around the
world.

In his own unique and quiet way, he was
the strongest man in the world. Not the
strongest in what he could lift -- but the
strongest in terms of how many lives he
enriched.

Throw some extra iron on the bar the
next time you train, and do a set for
my dad.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Dad lives on in all of my books and
courses. After all, he inspired them.

P.S. 2. Here's a link to all of my hard-copy
books and courses:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

For links to all nine of my Dinosaur Training
e-books on Kindle, go here:

http://dinosaurtraining.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-complete-list-as-of-today.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Walk with strong,
firm steps, and leave your footprints in the sands
of time." -- Brooks Kubik

******************************************