The Dinosaur Speed-Writing Challenge!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I sent you a l-o-n-g post earlier today
about bench press training. Really, it was
a full length article.

So right now, I'm going to switch to speed
writing mode and do 10 questions and 
answers. One sentence per question and
one sentence per answer. And yes, these
are actual questions from readers -- I
get some of them once a week, and some
of them more often than that.

So get ready -- you're going to need to
do some speed reading!

1. How can I train my upper/inner/outer,
lower/middle/frontal/lateral (select one)
delts, pecs, traps, triceps, biceps, etc.
(select one)?

Train the basic exercises hard and heavy
and progressively, and all the upper/outer/
inner etc. muscle fibers will do just fine. 

2. What do you think of (insert name of high
priced super supplement)?

Food is better for you -- and much cheaper.

3. Is it possible to make good gains without
taking steroids?

Absolutely -- that's one reason I write about
old-timers who made GREAT GAINS in strength,
muscle and power long before drugs hit the 
scene.

4. I'm making good gains on my current program,
but I thought I might try (fill in the blank) --
what do you think?

If you're making good gains, stick with your
current program; if your gains slow down, make
changes then.

5. What do you think about (fill in blank with
anything featured in an infomercial).

I don't think it works.

6. Can you give me a good training program?

I don't write personal programs, but I give
readers hundreds of power-packed programs in
my books and courses.

7. Which is better, squats or deadlifts?

They're both excellent exercises, so train both
of them (unless you have an injury that limits
you, such as a knee injury).

8. I heard you have to do high reps for bulk --
is that true?

No, it's bunk -- weightlifters and powerlifters
build tremendous muscular size with low reps and
heavy weights.

9. Old time weightlifters were FAT -- why would
anyone look like that?

Some old-time heavyweight lifters like Louis Cyr
and Karl Swaboda were hugely strong and hugely BIG,
but other old-timers like Eugene Sandow, Bobby 
Pandour, John Y. Smith, Sig Klein, Staff Sgt. Moss,
George Hackenschmidt, Maxick, and John Grimek were
heavily muscled but amazingly lean and defined -- 
why would anyone in their right mind not want to
look like one of them?

10. Which of your books is best for a beginner or
someone who's making a comeback after not training 
for many years?

CHALK AND SWEAT, and if you're over the age of 35,
add GRAY HAIR AND BLACK IRON.

There you are -- speed writing from Dino Headquarters!
I hope you enjoyed it!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You can find my Dinosaur Training books and 
courses (and Dino DVD's) right here at Dinosaur
Headquarters:
 
http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day: "The key to strength
training is the same as most things in life: hard
work, intelligently applied." -- Brooks Kubik