Take a Look at the Dinosaur Dungeon!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Yesterday I posted a photo of the Dinosaur
Dungeon on Facebook, and within minutes
my Facebook feed blew up.

The photo shows the three most important
pieces of equipment in my home gym --
a/k/a the garage -- a/k/a the Dinosaur
Dungeon:

1. An Olympic barbell

2. Plates

3. A homemade lifting platform

The fourth most important piece of equipment
for me are my squat stands. I have portable
squat stands that I keep off to the side of the
platform, so you don't see them in the photo.

I also posted the photo at the Dinosaur
Training Blog. Here's a link to it:

http://dinosaurtraining.blogspot.com/2015/09/take-peek-at-dino-headquarters.html

I'll be posting more photos this week --
and posting them regularly after that.

You can find them by:

1. Friending me on Facebook

2. Following me on Twitter.

3. Following me on Instagram.

4. Checking them out at The Dinosaur
Training Blog.

I've received a ton of questions about the
photo, so I'll go ahead and answer some
of the most common ones:

Q. Do you do squats? Where are your squat
stands?

A.Of course I do squats. The squat stands are
off to the side, to the left of the platform.
I move the squat stands onto the platform
when it's time to do squats and take them
off when I'm finished. That gives me more
room when I do snatches, clean and jerk, or
pulls.

Q. Do you do bench presses?

No, I do all Olympic lifting now.

Q. Did you make your platform?

A. Yes. It's a simple homemade design.
Easy to build and very strong. I'll give
more details on it later in the week.

Q. Is that all you use in your workouts?

A. I've done a ton of different things over
the years, but right now I focusing on
Olympic lifting, so that's all I do. The
equipment you see in the photo (along
with my squat stands) is all I need for
effective, high quality Olympic lifting
workouts.

Q. Why do you do Olympic lifting?

A. Short answer: Because I enjoy it more
than other types of training.

There's a longer answer, but we'll save
that for later in the week.

In any case, be sure to check out the
photo and see what the Dino Dungeon
looks like.

And be sure to friend me on Facebook and
follow me on Twitter and on Instagram. I'll
be sharing some fun and informative stuff.

As always, thanks for reading, and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My printer is running late on issue no. 4
of the Dinosaur Files Quarterly. We should be
getting the little monster on Tues or Wed, and
we'll fire them out as fast as we can to everyone
who pre-ordered.

Go here to order the little monster in hard copy
format:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_quarterlyorder.html

We'll get the e-book edition up on Kindle as
fast as we can after the hard copy edition is
finished.

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and my
Dinosaur Training DVD's -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Stick to the basics,
keep it simple, and train hard." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************