The Return of an Old Friend

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Trudi and I celebrated Thanksgiving
by going to the movies -- and we saw
"Creed."

Spoiler alert -- it's a "Rocky" film. And
a good one. In fact, it may be the best
in the series since the original "Rocky."

It stars Sylvester Stallone as Rocky --
but in this film, an old, gray, grizzled
Rocky isn't boxing. Instead, he's training
the son of his one-time rival, Apollo
Creed.

As I said, it's a terrific film -- and well
worth watching.

Rocky's been a friend for a long time.
The original film came out in 1976. So
that makes 39 years of "Rocky" films.

Thirty-nine years of great memories --
and hundreds of great workouts with
the "Rocky" theme ("Gonna Fly Now")
or "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the
background.

There was a time back in the 1980's
when that was all you heard while you
were training. The gyms played it non-
stop.

That was fine by me.

Heck, I still train to the "Rocky" music.
I play the soundtrack to "Rocky Balboa"
while I train out in the garage.

There's three of us: me, the barbell,
and Rocky. Three old friends.

Today's a workout day. If you're in the
neighborhood, you'll hear the "Rocky"
theme at about 6:00 -- and not much
later, you'll hear the sound of an old
guy tossing some heavy iron.

That's the way it's been for a long time
now -- and that's the way it's going to
be for a whole lot longer. I don't plan on
stopping anytime soon -- and I don't
plan on changing my music.

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today, make it
a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Another old friend has returned. We've
brought back The Dinosaur Files monthly
newsletter -- and it's better than ever --
and it comes with digital delivery. Go here
to grab your copy of the December issue:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_december2015.html

P.S. 2. I've also done a complete new
training course for older Dinos -- and it,
too, comes with digital delivery:

http://www.brookskubik.com/minicourse_01.html

P.S. 3. My other books and courses -- and
Dinosaur Training DVD's -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "The journey of
a tousand miles begins with the first step --
but it only begins if you take that first
step." -- Brooks Kubik

**********************************************************************************