25 Pounds in Two Weeks!

Throwback to 1997 - hitting a 435 pound partial push press in the power rack. That was part of a special training program I used to add 25 pounds to my push press in just two weeks.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two days ago I posted a photo on my
Instagram and Facebook pages.

It's a still shot from my old Power Rack
Training Video that I shot back in 1997.

It shows me doing a partial push press
in the power rack with 435 pounds.

Or maybe it was 440 or 445 - it's been
a long time and I don't remember. Any-
how, it was a lot of weight.

And that was at age 40 - lifetime drug
free - and a bodyweight of about 225.


Anyhow, a lot of people wanted to know
how I trained my partial push presses.

Here's the answer.

I decided to do a two week specialization
program to show just how effective heavy
partials can be.

My goal was to add 25 pounds to my
push press - going from 275 pounds
to 300 pounds.

I trained heavy partial push presses
three times a week for two weeks.

Heavy singles, starting light, and working
up to some really heavy iron.

Then I tested my push press - and made
a 302 pound lift.

After that, I went back to my regular
program, but still did the heavy partial
push presses once a week.

A couple of weeks later, I got it up to
320 pounds in the partial push press.

For more details on old-school, Dino-
style power rack training and heavy
partials, see Chapters 2 and 3 in my
book, Strength, Muscle and Power:



http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

It's not as trendy as squats on
stability balls or one-legged pogo
stick jumping, but it's a heck of
a lot better for building real world
strength and muscle.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I also cover heavy partials -
and other very effective ways to
increase your pressing power -
in The Dinosaur Military Press
and Shoulder
Power Course.

You can grab it in your choice of hard-
copy, Kindle edition or PDF with
immediate electronic delivery:



http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses
are right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: 

"Hard work and heavy iron have been
building supermen for many, many
years."


-- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: