An Update on the 30 Day Challenge

A delicious stir-fry with garlic and red pepper sauce - it made a terrific dinner, and we used the leftovers for lunch the next day.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Back in August, Trudi decided she
wanted to try as many new and
different recipes and meals as
possible.

So she challenged me to a 30
Day program of nothing but
vegetarian meals.

Being a Dinosaur, I had to accept
the challenge - so we began the
30 day program at the very next
meal.

I even helped by looking up a
recipe for dinner - and then
helping out with the prep and
the cooking - and I even did
the dinner dishes (all of which
was probably part of Trudi's
plan).

We followed a vegetarian diet for
several days - meaning that we
included eggs, butter and cheese.

No milk - I haven't used milk for
35 years. Around age 25 or so I
found that I couldn't digest it.

But I was curious to see how I
would do on a 100 percent plant
based diet, so I dropped the
eggs, butter and cheese.

Meanwhile, we started to explore
all sorts of fun meals:

Mexican dishes. (We're even
making our own tortillas, which
is lots of fun.)


Yellow corn polenta topped with black beans, salsa, sliced tomatoes and sliced avocado.

Thick soups and vegetable stews,
using recipes from around the
world - and my own homemade
veggie broth.

Roasted and oven-baked veggies.
Middle eastern dishes.


Lots of fun pasta dishes.

Pasta with broccoli and mushrooms sauted with garlic and onions.


Buddha bowls (meaning a
big bowl of all sorts of
good stuff).

Power plates (a Buddha
bowl on a plate).

A power plate consisting of raw celery; sauted onions, peppers and mushrooms; raw carrots; steamed chard; kimchi; brown rice, and baked tofu.
Homemade panini sandwiches
with veggies, black beans,
hummus, and much goodness.
(I flatten them with one of
Trudi's dumbbells or kettle-
bells.)

Oatmeal with cinnamon, nuts,
sunflower seeds, pumpkin
seeds, cherries and sliced
banana.

It worked great, and we had lots
of terrific meals - so after 30 days,
we continued to do it.

We went to Dayton one day and
had lunch with my brother, who
took us to a great little Korean
restaurant - which we loved -
so we decided to add Korean
food to the menu.

That led us to a local Asian
store - where we got all kinds
of fun ingredients for new and
different meals - including some
awesome garlic and red pepper
sauce and some killer kimchi.


Broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, onion, garlic, kimchi, and tofu in garlic and red pepper sauce.

I even found a recipe for easy
no-knead whole wheat bread -
and baked some bread one
day.

We're about 90 days into the
new diet, and I feel great - and
I plan to continue with it - and
see what happens.

It would be fun to be stronger at
age 61 (my age next year) than I
was at age 50 - and to do it on a
plant-based diet. So we'll see what
happens over the coming year.

I've been posting photos of our
meals on Facebook and Insta-
gram - go check them out and
see some of the fun:

https://www.instagram.com/brooks_kubik/?hl=en

Some of you have less than
zero interest in the new diet,
and that's fine - but others are
VERY interested in it. So I'll
go ahead and write up a more
detailed report, including
some of our favorite recipes.

Anyhow, that's the update for
now. If you have comments or
questions, send them in.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. We're starting to get near
the end of our current printing
of Strength, Muscle and Power -
and I'm not going to reprint it
for awhile - so if you want a
copy, grab it now:




http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: 

"Train for strength, eat for
health, be strong and live
long."


-- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: