12 Keys to Strength and Muscle Mass (Part 5)

Back in my late 40's, after several years of nothing but bodyweight training.

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Three quick notes, and then we'll talk
iron.

1. Christmas Orders

There's still time, but the clock is running.
Please help us by getting your Christmas
orders in as soon as possible. We want to
make sure they get there on time!

2. The Dinosaur Files

We'll be releasing the December issue
of The Dinosaur Files later today - and
it's a good one - with a very interesting
training program and a very important,
and potentially life-saving, article giving
you one of the most helpful diet and
nutrition tips you'll ever see.

In the meantime, go here to grab the
October and November issues:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_files.html

If you want a one-year subscription
to The Dinosaur Files, shoot me an
email.

3. Strength and Health for the
Holidays

I have a ton of old Strength and Health
magazines for sale - and ditto for old
issues of Peary Rader's Iron Man and
York's Muscular Development magazine
(back when John Grimek was the
editor).

These magazines have all kinds of
great training advice - much of it
long forgotten - as well as plenty
of great photos from the Golden
Age of Muscle and Might.

If you're interested, shoot me an
email and I'll give you more details
on what we have and what they
run.

4. Twelve Keys to Strength and
Muscle Mass

I've been doing a little series on how
to build strength and muscle mass. 
I hope you're enjoying it.

Here's tip no. 7.

Bodyweight Training Builds Serious
Strength and Muscle Mass!

When I was a kid, we all thought we
needed to do weight training exercises
to build strength and muscle.

We sort of sneered at the idea of doing
pushups, pull-ups, and other bodyweight
exercises.

Now, there's nothing at all wrong with
weights or weight training - in fact, it's
a remarkably effective strength and
muscle builder.

But the right kind of bodyweight training
builds some serious strength and muscle.

It's nothing to sneer at.

But it has to be the *right* kind of
training.

When I was a kid, we all thought that
bodyweight exercises were high rep
movements.

That's how they were taught back then.

And it wasn't very effective for most
of us.

Turns out we were using the wrong
exercises - and the wrong set/rep
system - and not making our training
progressive.

I'm not a big fan of high rep bodyweight
training.

I prefer doing more difficult bodyweight
exercises - for lower reps.

And I like multiple sets when i do my
bodyweight exercises.

I like the old George F. Jowett idea of
making your workouts more progressive
by gradually working up to more difficult
and more challenging exercises.

I used this method for several years in
my mid and late 40's - and built more
muscle mass than when I was in my 20's
and 30's, and doing heavy powerlifting
workouts.

Of course, you also can combine body-
weight exercises with weight training.

That makes a terrific combination.

In fact, it's just about unbeatable.

For my complete bodyweight training
program - and over 50 of my favorite
workouts - grab a copy of Dinosaur
Bodyweight Training:



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

More to follow . . .and remember, the
December issue of The Dinosaur Files
will be out a little later today. Be looking
for it.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My other books and courses -
and links to all of my e-books on Kindle
- are right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day:

"The right kind of bodyweight training
is amazingly effective - but it has to be
the right kind."


- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: