Try My Super-Secret 25 Second Workout!

Hitting it hard here in the outdoor training area at Dino Headquarters - and having tons of fun doing it.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes and then I'll share
my super-secret 25-second workout.

1. Strength Muscle and Power

We're down to the last box of Strength,
Muscle and Power, and I'm not going
to print any more any time soon - and
perhaps not ever - so if you want a copy,
grab it now - while it's still available:



http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

2. The Dinosaur Files

We're going to release a combined July-
Aug issue of the Dinosaur Files news-
letter.

Hopefully, it will be available later this
week.

I'll send an email when it's ready.

In the meantime, if you don't have
it, grab the May-June combined issue
here:



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles-mayjune2018.html

3. My Super-Secret 25 Second
Workout


(Note: Here's an email from several
years ago. I'm re-sending it because
it's got a pretty important message.

So don't get confused - we moved in
2015 and there's no garage to train
in at the new place - so I train in the
basement and out in the drive-way -
and I do split snatches now, not
squat snatches - they're easier on the
shoulders - and I'm 61 in Sept, so
add a few years to my age when
you read the reference to being
almost 60. I was a youngster back
then!

But otherwise, things are pretty
much the same then as now.

Tons of iron - plenty of chalk - and
gallons of sweat.)

I had a great workout in the garage
last night.

I did 10 minutes of stretching and
loosening up exercises, including
overhead squats and snatch drills
with my trusty broomstick.

Then I began doing a series of squat
snatches.

I started light, and worked up slowly
but steadily to my top weight for the
day -- and did five singles with it.

I filmed each lift, and checked my
form on the replay after each lift -
and did some more stretching in-
between each lift.

At close to age 60, the stretching
gets to be more and more important
for me. I need to do it in order to
hit the bottom position in a squat
snatch.

So the pattern was:

1. Lift

2. Review lift on video and focus
on what to do to make the next lift
better.

3. Add weight to the bar if the next
set calls for more weight.

4. Stretch.

5. Repeat 1 - 4.

I did a total of 25 singles.

I started at 6:12 and finished at 7:00
on the nose.

So the workout took a total of 48
minutes.

Or did it?

If you just count the time it took for
each lift -- the actual lifting time --
it was more like 25 seconds -- because
each snatch takes about one second
from start to finish.

Now, that doesn't sound like much --
and it's not. But remember, each snatch
was a fast, fluid, total body effort -- and
each lift literally worked everything from
my toes to my eyeballs.

In other workouts I focus on the squat
style clean and jerk. I follow the same
sort of progression. I lift for about an
hour, and I do nothing but singles --
and I get a terrific workout.

You can do the same thing -- and you
don't have to do Olympic lifting.

Nor do you have to do singles --
although you're welcome to do them
if they work for you.

The key point for all of us is this:

1. Focus on quality, not quantity.

2. It's not how long you train that
matters -- it's HOW you train.

3. Stay 100% focused from start
to finish.

4. Concentrate on every rep --
including the warm-up sets.

5. Strive for perfect form on every
rep.

6. Block out all forms of distraction
when you train.

a. Anything that interferes with your
concentration interferes with your
training.

7. Keep detailed records of what you
do, and always strive to improve your
performance from one workout to
another.

8. Find what works best for you and
stick to it.

9. Use basic, compound exercises
and total body movements to do the
most work in the minimum amount
of time.

10. For older trainees, and those of
you who are pressed for time, give
one and two exercise workouts a
try -- they really deliver.

As always, thanks for reading and
have a great day. If you train today,
make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. For more about effective training
with abbreviated and ultra-abbreviated
workouts, grab any or all of these
great books and courses:

Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets
of
Strength and Development



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

Gray Hair and Black Iron



http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html



Strength, Muscle and Power

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses
are right here at Dino Headquarters:



http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: 

"It doesn't take much time, but it
does take effort." 

-- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: