Snow, Chalk and Sweat in Canada

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

It’s currently 5 degrees above 0 in Calgary, and snowing – with a northwest wind for good measure.

But that doesn’t stop our Canadian Dinos – and later today, the chalk and iron is going to be flying as fast and furious as the snow is now.

How do I know?

I know it because of the following email from Jeff Osadec, who works at a place called Peak Power Sport Development, located on the campus of the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) in Calgary. It’s a real gym, with lots of heavy iron – lifting platforms – high quality Olympic bars and bumper plates – and plenty of chalk.

I know, because I vacationed in Calgary and trained there several times. I had some great workouts, with plenty of heavy Olympic lifting and plenty of chalk. Good stuff.

So with that background, here’s the email from Jeff:

“Brooks,

I wanted to say thank you for the great posts, and I am looking forward to reading your book, "Dinosaur Training". I was referred it through a friend the other day. But the funniest part of this is sheer coincidence.

I had a woman call the gym I work at and ask is she can come in and have a look around.

She comes in, takes a look, and states, "No mirrors?"

I said,"No."

She asks, "Can I use chalk?"

I said, "Sure, it's in the buckets on the platforms."

We talked about training and the basics (pushing, pulling squatting and Olympic lifting) and she said, "I think this is the gym for me."

So I asked, "How did you hear about us?"

And then she said, "Brooks Kubik, the guy who wrote Dinosaur Training."

I just started to laugh and told her that I had just ordered the book. By the way, I work at Peak Power Sport Development on the SAIT Campus. Thanks for the referral and I look forward to reading the book.

Cheers,

Jeff Osadec”

Now, you might be wondering, who was the Mystery Woman?

Her name is Lynne Loiselle – and she’s one of the top female bodybuilders in Canada – and a certified Dinosaur. Her favorite exercise is the deadlift – and cleans, high pulls, squats and bent over rowing aren’t far behind on her list!

A few years ago, a different version of the Dinosaur Training site had a Dinosaur Hall of Fame – and Lynne was our very first Hall of Famer.

Anyhow, Lynne recently moved to Calgary – and asked me for ideas about places to train – and I suggested Peak Power – and now you know the rest of the story!

And speaking of CHALK – I will be getting some info from my printer about the shipping date for CHALK AND SWEAT – and when I have something definite, I’ll let you know the status.

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great day – and if you train today, do it Dino style – hard, heavy and serious – with lots of chalk, and lots of sweat.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. We’re shipping orders as fast as possible – but it’s getting very close to the Holidays, so if you want something to arrive in time for Christmas, please order today. Thanks!

Our new Dinosaur Training hoodies are here:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaurtraining_hoodie.html

And our books, courses, DVD’s, t-shirts, sweatshirts and subscriptions to the Dinosaur Files newsletter are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html