Movie and Book Time for Dinos!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Trudi and I went to see “The Fighter” on Saturday night.

Great movie. True story. Based on the life of a boxer from Lowell, Mass. named “Irish” Mickey Ward. It’s really good. Go see it.

Now, I’m a weightlifter, not a boxer – but the movie made me want to throw some serious iron around.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – I don’t make movies, and I can’t bring you a movie about your favorite old time lifters. But I do write books – specifically, the Legacy of Iron series -- and my books will give you the very same feeling that I felt when I went to see “The Fighter.”

They’ll make you want to do some serious lifting.

They’ll also teach you more about the champions of the 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s then you’ll ever learn anywhere else. How they trained – how they ate – their legendary battles in lifting and bodybuilding competition -- and what happened to them “behind the scenes.”

When you read the Legacy of Iron series, you’ll come to know men like John Grimek, Steve Stanko, John Davis, Bob Hoffman, Harry Paschall, Sig Klein, Tony Terlazzo and others. And you’ll learn about a time – now almost forgotten – when the United States had the best weightlifting team in the entire world.

Right now, there are five volumes in the series. (No, 5 just came out yesterday.) More are coming. You’ll want to read them all – starting with number one and working forward. That way, you’ll see the characters grow and develop from book to book – and you’ll see the progression of weight training, bodybuilding and weight lifting in the United States.

So those are my two tips for your reading and viewing pleasure – The Fighter, and the Legacy of Iron books. I think you’ll really like them. And I like I said – they’ll make you want to go lift some serious iron.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. “The Fighter” is probably at your local theater. The Legacy of Iron books are right here:

1. Legacy of Iron:

http://www.brookskubik.com/legacy_of_iron.html

2. Legacy of Iron 2 – Clouds of War

http://www.brookskubik.com/clouds_of_war.html

3. Legacy of Iron 3 – The 1,000 Pound Total

http://www.brookskubik.com/1000pound_total.html

4. Legacy of Iron 4 – York Goes to War!

http://www.brookskubik.com/legacy_of_iron4.html

5. BRAND NEW – Legacy of Iron 5 – Barbells in the Pacific

http://brookskubik.com/barbells_pacific.html

IMPORTANT – For orders of three or more books in the series, email me and ask about the special discount.