Sea-Going Dino Gains 32 Pounds of Muscle!

Here's an email from one of our many Dinos
serving in the military. It's from Billy Green,
who serves in the Navy.

I'm going to share the email with you, and I
want you to start by focusing on Billy's great
gains from two very simple barbell and dumbbell
programs outlined in Legacy of Iron.

He also has a training question which we'll cover
in a second message later today.

"Brooks,

I received Chalk and Sweat a couple of months ago.
Chalk and Sweat is unlike any training book I have
ever read. I'm so glad you brought it into the
world for us dinosaurs.

I haven't seen you talk about nutrition with regards
to training. What is your take on protein powder?

I am going on a six month cruise on a hospital ship,
so I have no control over the amount of food I can
eat besides the Navy "3 Squares a Day."

Would it be good for me to supplement with protein
powder to get my protein for the day?

I'm 6-1 and 210 lbs.

I have been taking protein powder at home and eating
really good and I have built myself up from 178
pounds when I started about six months ago on the York
Course No. 1 and Course No. 2 as outlined in Legacy of
Iron. (Similar to some of the beginner courses in Chalk
and Sweat.)

It would be nice to forego the protein powder and use
the 250 bucks I would save over the next 6 months and
buy spotting bars for my home gym. I'm just worried
about losing too much muscle if I stop using the
protein powder.

Maybe it could be an experiment. I could give it a try
and report back and let you know how I am doing.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Billy Green"

Billy -- Thanks for your message and the update on your
training. You've made TERRIFIC progress. Gaining 32 pounds
of muscle in 6 months is just terrific -- and although you
don't mention your weight increases in your exercises,
I would imagine you are several times stronger than when
you started.

And you did it on a very basic barbell and dumbbell program.
Good old-fashioned stuff. Nothing fancy. Just regular workouts
and progressive training. Excellent job!

As for your question -- re the protein powder -- we'll cover
that a little later in the day.

In the meantime, though, let's get some feedback from your
fellow Dinos.

What should Billy do?

1. Buy a six month supply of protein powder?

2. Buy more equipment for his home gym?

What do you think, Dinos? Let me know!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You can grab Legacy of Iron and Chalk and Sweat -- and all
of my other books and courses -- right here at the Dinosaur
Training Store:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html