Great Feedback from a 68 Year Old Lifter!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

First of all, if you subscribe to the Dino
Files newsletter -- it's time to renew. Last
month's issue was the LAST issue in your
subscription for year one of the Files. We
are updating the mailing list and removing
everyone who fails to re-subscribe. So pls do
it now, so you keep getting your monthly dose
of Dino-style motivation.

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_renewalpage.html

As far as training goes -- I've been getting
tons of great feedback from readers, including
many older readers.

Here's a great message from Don F. about the
importance of regular weight training for older
lifters:

"I attend a gym exclusively for seniors, It's run
by a group of chiropractors and physical therapists.
They push us pretty hard. I don't know what I was
expecting when I joined, probably something like
physical therapy. Little did I know that they were
going to push us to our limits and then go way beyond
what we thought we could do.

The chiropractor who runs the gym advocates lifting
because it makes the bones stronger and stretches
tendons and ligaments. As you probably know, broken
hips, etc. are a major factor in health of seniors.
He has written a pretty good book on the subject. I
base my workouts both on his book and your Gray Hair
and Black Iron. You have a lot in common.

In addition to pushing iron they accentuate serious
stretching. Case in point -- I had two of my lumbar
vertebrae fused a few years ago. The operation was
not a success and I was pretty much in constant pain.
I could not even stand in one position for more than
a couple of minutes. After about two months at the
gym I realized I was pain free and I've stayed that
way ever since.

One of my friends was in a motorcycle accident in
which his bike was destroyed. He came out of the
accident with only bruises and scrapes. He
attributes his lack of serious injury to the
lifting and stretching at the gym.

One other thing. There are mental components to
lifting. First of all, it makes you feel great,
both physically and mentally. Secondly, it helps
to fight depression. Depression is a serious
problem for many elderly people. Lifting gives
you a sense of achievement and, as you know,
it is somewhat euphoric.

Gray Hair and Black Iron is an important book.
I wish more older folks had access to it.

I'm 68 years old and cannot overemphasize the
value of lifting for seniors."

Don -- Thanks for the feedback and the excellent
summary about the many benefits of strength
training as you get older. I've always said that
lifting heavy iron is one of the best things you
can do for yourself -- and it becomes EVEN MORE
IMPORTANT as you grow older. Keep up the good work,
and keep me posted on your training and your
progress.

And yes, Gray Hair and Black Iron is a terrific
book -- and really, everyone needs a copy:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great day,
If you train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. If you subscribe to the Dinosaur Files newsletter,
be sure to renew your subscription right now:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_renewalpage.html


P.S. 2 -- If you missed the first year of the Dinosaur
Files newsletter, you can order all of the back issues
right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_files.html