"I Got a Story for You!" He Said

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I started the day with an email from a 62 year
old Dinosaur in Cleveland who was excited as heck
about my new book on weightlifting champion John
Davis.

He shared a story he had heard from an old training
partner who had competed in a contest once where
John Davis was one of the lifters.

He didn't compete against John Davis -- John lifted
at Heavyweight, and the reader's friend weighed in
at 148 pounds.

But it was a pretty good story. In fact, it was
something that may never have happened in any
other weightlifting contest in history.

"I thought you might like to put it in the book,"
he said.

Well, he was right.

Because the story was already in the book! I had
read about in an old, old issue of Strength and
Health!

At this point, there's not much about John Davis'
life, lifting and training that is NOT in the
book. And there are things in the book that you've
never seen or read or heard about -- and things
that have never been published before, including
John's EXACT training program from 1940, the year
he won the honor of being the very best weightlifter
pound for pound in the entire world.

Not just the best in his weight class.

The very best lifter on a pound for pound basis
in the entire world. And that covers a heck of a lot
of ground.

I got John's program from his training partner. He
wrote it down on a little note card more than 70
years ago, while he and John were having dinner
together after a hard workout. He kept it ever since.
And now, it's something I'll be able to share with
the rest of you.

And before I forget -- let me mention that the book
is actually a little bigger and a little longer than
I had anticipated. I thought it would weigh in at about
380 to 400 pages. In fact, it's going to be over 450
pages.

But, heck -- if you're writing a book about one of the
greatest weightlifting champions of all time, it deserves
to be a big book.

Right now, I'm offering Black Iron: The John Davis Story
through our standard pre-publication special. The book is
not yet printed -- it will be about 6 or 7 more weeks
before it is printed and shipped to me -- but as soon as
I have it, I'll shoot it on out to everyone who placed
an order.

Everyone who orders during the pre-publication special
gets a bonus with their order -- an 8 x 10 color photo
of John Davis doing what he did best -- lifting some
heavy iron. It will look great right on the wall next
to your squat stands or power rack -- and I guarantee
that it will get you pumped up for some heavy lifting.

If I sound excited about the book, it's because I am.
This one is going to be a real treat for anyone who
appreciates the thrill of grabbing a heavy barbell and
battling against the iron.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You can reserve your copy of Black Iron: The John
Davis Story right here at Dinosaur Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/blackiron_johndavis.html