Farmer's Market Beet Down!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I hit the Farmer's Market this morning.

I started with Todd Childers' booth.
Todd and his wife, Megan, ran a great
little operation called Facing West
Farm.

I grabbed three bunches of Swiss chard,
a big bag of lettuce, a bunch of carrots,
three heads of broccoli, and a small
green cabbage.

Todd had plenty of other great stuff --
including some awesome looking beets with
the beet greens attached.

Now, here's the deal on beets.

I love beet greens. I grow beets in the
garden, just for the beet greens, and I
can never get enough of them.

But beets are too sweet -- and too high in
carbs. So they don't work well for this
T-Rex.

I've been buying beets from Todd just for
beet greens, and we've ended up with a big
bunch of left-over beets. They'll probably
end up in the compose pile, which is sort
of a shame.

So I had promised myself (and more
importantly, I had promised Trudi) that I
wouldn't get any today.

But those beet greens sure looked good.

Then I had an idea.

"Todd -- could I buy some beet greens
without the beets? You can eat them or
you can sell them to someone else."

"Sure," he said.

So he chopped the beet greens off the beets
and tossed them into a big bag for me. I got
three big bunches of greens. Enough to fill
a standard, large size shopping bag.

Meanwhile, an older man standing next to me
watched us with interest.

"Don't you want the beets?" he asked. "They're
my favorite part!"

"They're all yours!" I said.

So I went home with the beet greens, and the
older gentleman went home with the beets --
and we were both happy as clams.

That's part of the fun of shopping at the
Farmer's Market. Everyone goes home happy.

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. We're blasting into the Holiday season,
so get those orders in ASAP so we can get
them out the door to you:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Remember, if you want me to autograph
a book or course for you, all you need to do
is ask! Use the Special Instructions section
of the on-line order form to make your request.

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Support your
local farmers!" -- Brooks Kubik