Look Inside the Dino Gym Bag!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Today's a training day here at Dino
Headquarters, and even though it's
early in the morning, I'm already
packing my gym bag.

Yes, I pack a gym bag for each
workout. It's important. I don't
want to be half-way through my
workout and find I've forgotten
something. Especially something
important.

So here's what goes into the Dino
gym bag:

1. My training journal. I use it
to record every rep of every workout.
A training journal is an essential
tool for serious training.

2. A water bottle. Mine holds 3
cups (24 oz.). That's the minimum
for a hard workout in hot weather.

3. A towel. Also essential in
hot weather.

4. Large amounts of concentration,
focus, and intensity. Essential for
hard training in any kind of weather.

5. More of number 5 -- because it's
the most important thing you can
bring to a workout.

6. Extra number 4 for good measure.

Last week I wrote that 30 minutes
of training with deep focus and
total concentration is worth three
hours of training with your mind
elsewhere.

Let me amend that statement.

Training for 30 minutes with deep
focus and total concentration is
worth three MONTHS of training with
your mind elsewhere -- or three
YEARS of training with your mind
elsewhere.

Concentration, focus and intensity
are the keys to training success. If
you have them -- and if you use them --
good things will happen.

If you don't have them -- or you don't
use them -- not so good. And not much
(if anything) in the way of results.

So do what I do. Pack your gym bag long
before your workout begins. And be sure
to pack plenty of concentration, focus,
and intensity. They're the most important
thing in your gym bag.

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today, make it
a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I cover the mental aspects of strength
training in detail in Dinosaur Training,
Dinosaur Bodyweight Training, and Strength,
Muscle and Power:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

P.S. 2. I also have a great CD that covers
7 Keys to Concentration. You can grab it as
a special ad on to any of my other books or
courses. The cost is 15 clams. For details
on how to place an order for the 7 Keys CD,
shoot me an email before placing your order.

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "The best exercises
demand focus, concentration and intensity. That's
one of the reasons most people don't do them."
-- Brooks Kubik