A Simple Way to Improve Your Training!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Breaking news -- and then  we'll talk
sets and reps. As in, a simple way to
improve your training -- and make it
up to 20 percent more effective.

I'll be appearing on Carl Lanore's
Superhuman Radio from 12:00 EST to 1:30
EST TOMORROW -- Tuesday -- and I hope
you can join us.

If not, then listen to the download
at your convenience.

We'll covering questions from
listeners -- and talking about diet and
nutrition for strength and muscle mass.

It's going to be a great show -- with
some great info -- so I hope you can
listen in.

On the sets and reps front, I hit a
hard workout the other night out in
the garage.

And, as I always do, I timed the rest
between sets. I load the bar for the
next set, walk back to my old wooden
Dino chair and sit down -- and take
exactly two minutes before I chalk
up for the next set. So the total
rest time from the end of one set
to the start of the next is about
three minutes, depending on how
long it took for the weight change.

Note that I time the rests.

Get this -- 30 or 40 years ago,
Russian scientists studied weight-
lifters and learned that the lifters
who times their rest periods had
20 percent fewer missed lifts in
their workouts than the lifters
who didn't.

I think that's in part because the
mere act of timing your rest helps
keep you focused and engaged. Of
course, there may be physiological
reasons, as well.

But whatever -- 20 percent fewer
misses is a big difference.

And that, my friends, is the tip
of the day. As always, thanks for
reading and have a great day. If
you train today, make it a good
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Someone asked me about power
rack training. I cover it in detail
in Strength, Muscle and Power:

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are
right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Never stop
training, and never stop learning."
-- Brooks Kubik