Training Adaptations for Older Dinos

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk training.

1. The ORIGINAL Dinosaur Files from 1997.

I'm doing a series of short books that contain
updated, revised versions of my best articles
from the ORIGINAL Dinosaur Files newsletter
that ran from 1997 through 2002.

These articles have not been reprinted since
they first came out, so for many of you, they
are brand new.

Book 1 in the series also includes a NEW
article on power rack training -- with one
of the best and most effective workouts
you've ever seen.

Go here to grab Book 1 in the series in hard
copy format:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurtraining_archive.html

We're also working on the Kindle e-book
edition.  I'll send a link as soon as the e-book
is available.

2. The Dinosaur Files Quarterly Issue No. 4.

The hard copy edition of Issue No. 4 of the
ALL NEW Dinosaur Files Quarterly is right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_quarterlyorder.html

And yes, it's going to be available as a Kindle
e-book, as well -- and I'll send a link as soon
as the e-book is available.

3. Training Adaptations for Older Dinosaurs.

The vast majority of those who train when they
are in their teens and twenties stop training long
before they hit the Big 4-0.

Very few people train after age 50 -- and hardly
anyone trains after age 60.

That's a shame, because training should be a
part of your life for all of the days of your
journey. It's not just for the young -- it's
for everyone.

And if we're talking about quality of life, then
training is MORE IMPORTANT than ever as you
grow older.

But training often requires adaptations as we
pass the 40, 50 or 60 age mark.

We often need to change to new exercises to
work around age-related dings and dents.

For example . . .

I have shoulder problems that date back to
my high school wrestling days. They don't
keep me from training, but they make it
impossible to hold a bar on my upper back
for squats. It hurts my shoulders too much.

So I use the Dave Draper Top Squat device
for back squats -- or I do front squats.

Would I rather do regular back squats?

Yes.

Do I worry about it?

No.

Does it stop me from training -- and from
having fun when I train?

Not at all.

And even with shoulders that don't work as
well as they used to, I'm a heck of a lot
stronger and in 10 times better shape than
the average man my age. That's because I'm
still training.

Whatever your age, I want you to do the
same thing.

Keep on training.

Find the tools that allow you to keep on hitting
the iron.

If you need to make changes, make changes.

But keep on training. That's the important thing.

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a good
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Many older Dinos get great results with
Dinosaur Bodyweight Training:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

Other older Dinos get great results with
Dinosaur Dumbbell Training:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

And others prefer the workouts in Gray Hair
and Black Iron
:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. We shot this four years ago, but this is
what my current workouts look like:

http://brookskubik.com/goingstrong.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "There's no
roadmap for life. You need to figure it out
as you go." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************