What's Your Single Favorite Piece of Training Equipment?



One corner of my garage gym, a/k/a The Dinosaur Dungeon.  My stepson made the wooden plate rack by the back wall.  It works pretty well.  My Olympic barbell is on a homemade lifting platform -- and the platform works pretty well, too.  You don't need fancy to get a great workout.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

We'll talk iron in just a minute, but first
of all, let me cover two quick updates.

1. Dino Training on Instagram!

I'm on Instagram now, and I'm posting
lots of fun photos and videos. Head on
over and take a look:

https://www.instagram.com/brooks_kubik/

I'm also on Facebook at "Brooks Kubik" and
on Twitter at Brooks_Kubik or #brookskubik
and #dinosaurtraining. These are all great
ways to stay in touch, so check them out.

2. The Iron League

My buddy, John Wood, is putting more and
more great stuff up at The Iron League.
If you're not already a member, head on
over and take a look:

http://www.ironleague.com/

Some of the new stuff at The Iron League
includes some great issues of Peary Rader's
wonderful Lifting News magazine -- which
covered strength and power training in even
greater detail than Iron Man magazine.

3. What's Your Single Favorite Piece of
Training Equipment?


The "What's your favorite exercise?" question
is a popular one at discussion boards, but
here's another fun question:

"What's your single favorite piece of training
equipment?"

Meaning, if you were stuck on a desert island
somewhere (think Tom Hanks in Castaway),
what's the one piece of equipment you would
want the most?

For me, it would be a plate-loading barbell --
although in keeping with the desert island
theme, I can see the merit of an old globe
barbell that you could fill with sand.

No, on second thought, I'll stick to the plate
loading barbell. Faster and easier to change
the weight.

Other people might have different ideas. I
imagine that some Dinos would like a Trap
Bar more than anything else -- or a pair of
adjustable dumbbells -- or a pair of
kettlebells. (I think a pair of dumbbells
or kettlebells counts as one item.)

And I suppose we could change the question
and let you choose your TWO favorite pieces
of training equipment -- or even your THREE
favorite pieces of equipment.

If you had THREE choices, what would they
be?

For me, it would be:

1. Olympic barbell and bumper plates

2. Adjustable squat stands or a power
rack

3. Lifting platform

Of course, I focus on Olympic lifting now,
so my choices reflect that. If I were doing
powerlifting or basic strength and power
training, I'd choose a barbell, power rack
and a bench.

What would you choose?

Shoot me an email, and let me know! I'll
share the answers in a future email.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of Strength
and Development is 20 years old this year -- and
it's still going strong. If you don't have a copy,
grab one now:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Wherever you train,
and whatever equipment you use, make the most
of it." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************