Strength Training Is Serious Business!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes and then we'll talk training.

1. The March Dino Files

Go here to grab the March Dinosaur Files:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_march2016.html

If you already have the little monster,
shoot me an email and let me know
how you like it.

2. A Five Dollar Special

I did a great little mini-course for older
Dinos last year. It's available in PDF format
and it's only five bucks - so it's about the
priice of one of those fancy cups of coffee.

To grab it, go to our products page, look
under the section for PDF Electronic Downloads,
and click on the link for Mini-Course No. 1:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

3. Strength Training Is Serious Business

I did a podcast recently where we covered
the topic of gym etiquette. And as I listened
to stories about crazy stuff that goes on in
so many gyms, I just shook my head.

The antics are indescribably sophomoric
and foolish.

I thought it was bad 20 or 30 years ago,
but in most gyms, it's worse than ever.

Reality TV meets WWE meets social media
meets endless selfies meets "Look at ME!"
meets muscle comic super silliness meets
crazy supplements meets Roids N. Synthol
meets curls in the power rack, endless sets
of pec pumps and squats on stability balls.

And using the gym as a pick up place -
or as a place to do ANYTHING other than
training.

I've been training in my garage gym for so
long, that I've forgotten just how crazy it is
out there.

And how many people just aren't serious
about their training.

And that's one of the big differences between
Dinosaurs and the rest of the world.

We're wired differently than other people.

To us, training is one of the most important
things we do. The time we spend with a barbell
in our hands or on our shoulders is precious.

More than that, the minutes in the gym enrich
and empower every other minute of our lives.
They have an intrinsic value that makes the
iron more valuable than gold.

Very few people view their training in that
way - but when you do, it changes you.

It makes your training serious business.

Not serious in the sense that it's nothing
but work.

Not serious in the sense that it's drudgery.

It's actually fun.

But serious in the same sense as if you were
practicing a martial art in a dojo owned by
one of the greatest masters in the world -
and you were training with him - and you
would never dreaming of wasting even
half a second of your training time.

I train alone in my garage. No one else.
It's just me and the iron.

But I approach every second of my training
with reverence.

And if you're reading this, you probably
know exactly how I feel - and you probably
train the very same way.

For that, I salute you.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. As Harry Paschall always said, don't forget
about your dumbbell training:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the day: "If you're talking
about the Kardashians, you're not training."
- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************