Try this Three Week Mini Cycle for Great Gains!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

One quick note, and then we'll talk training.

1. The Lost Articles.

We've been reminding readers about my LOST
ARTICLES - meaning the original Dinosaur Files
from 1997.

They're back - and here's where to grab them.
Here's the link to the hard copy edition:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurtraining_archive.html

And here's the link to the Kindle edition:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurtrainingarchive_kindle01.html

2. Try this Three Week Mini Cycle for Great
Gains!

(Here's something I shared last year. I'm running
it again because the program is so darn effective.)

I celebrated my birthday last night by hitting a
hard workout.

It was pretty good, because I hit a PR for 2015
in the split style snatch. In fact, it was the most
I had lifted in the split style snatch for the past
two years.

So that was a birthday present to myself.

I got there by using a simple variation of the old
Light, Medium and Heavy system.

It's a three week mini-cycle.

I use singles in all of my exercises, but it works
fine for sets of multiple reps, as well. Once you
understand the system, you can apply it to many
different kinds of workouts.

Here's how it goes:

Week 1 -- Light

I work up to 5 singles with my working weight.
I use a relatively light weight -- 70 to 75% of my
max.

In other words, my working weight is week 1 is
a light weight.

Week 2 -- Medium

I work up to 2 or 3 singles with my working weight.
I go heavier this week, but not too heavy -- 80 to
85% of my max.

Week 3 -- Heavy

I work up to one single with my working weight.
This is my heavy week. I go as heavy as I can. If
I feel good, I try to lift my max or to set a new
max. However, I usually work up to 90 or 95%
of my max. As an older lifter, I can train heavy
but I can't push for a new max too often.

Week 4

Start the mini-cycle all over again.

And there you have it.

As I said, it's a simple system -- but it's been
very effective. It keeps me strong, helps me
improve my speed, form and technique, and
best of all, helps me avoid overtraining.

And so far (knock on wood), it's helped me
avoid dings and dents.

Give it a try and see how you like it -- and
shoot me an email with your results.

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a good
one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I cover other simple but very effective
cycling systems in Gray Hair and Black Iron:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and
Dinosaur Training DVD's -- Legacy of Iron
books -- and links to all of my e-books on
Kindle -- are right here:
 
http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "First, last and
foremost -- TRAIN!" -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************